Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Singular Buzzard seatpost shim?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Anyone know why the Buzzard comes with a shim for a 31.6mm post?

RRD
    Free Member

I E-mailed singular about mine – reply below

Hi Richard,

Apologies for misinforming you last time. Yes, that is completely normal. I used a larger diameter seat tube to keep the frame torsionally stiff. As the tube is quite thin walled the shim is required to bring it down to a standard seat post size. It has tje added benefit of preventing any problems with the seat post getting stuck in the frame due to galvanic corrosion.

Best regards,

Sam

First e-mail:

Sam

I e-mailed you last week about the shim like thingy in the seat tube. Please see the picture below of the “separate” shim that is in the frame (stainless steel/shiny bit)

The seatpost is a 31.6mm and I presume the shim is part of the manufacturing process. The shim can rotate relative to the frame.

Is this normal?

modig
    Free Member

Interesting.

I just got my Buzzard frame delivered the other day (dropped off at LBS for headset cup fitting). I was planning to use a shim to fit a thinner post I had available but now this doesn’t seem like a brilliant idea. Double shims seem like one too many…

/Johan

carloz
    Free Member

I’m in exactly the same position, but waiting for my frame to arrive. Waiting to hear from Sam what the unshimmed seatpost dimensions are so I can get down to 30.9 with a single shim.

modig
    Free Member

Been out a couple of times now with my dual shim setup. No problems at all but can’t say that I have put any real stress on it. Will have to do for now until someone throws a 31.6 Thomson setback post my way 🙂

/Johan

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Been out a couple of times now with my dual shim setup. No problems at all but can’t say that I have put any real stress on it. Will have to do for now until someone throws a 31.6 Thomson setback post my way

/Johan

I’ve got a 31.6x367mm Thompson setback post that I’m about to put up in the classifieds if you’re interested?

modig
    Free Member

I’ve got a 31.6x367mm Thompson setback post that I’m about to put up in the classifieds if you’re interested?

Oh, that’s nice of you (black or silver?). Only problem is that I’m in Sweden. Probably easier for you to sell and ship locally.
    But thanks for the offer

/Johan

Cheezpleez

I ran mine for a short while with a double shim and a 30.9 Joplin. It was fine but it did worry me ever so slightly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Singular Buzzard seatpost shim?’ is closed to new replies.