Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • How have your trails held up after the rain?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Pretty sound still, or a mudbath?

Drac

Rain?

nickc

Rain?

Had a bit overnight on Monday, then a bit more Monday afternoon, been dry otherwise, it’s made no difference to the trails.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

We’ve only had a brief shower yesterday up here Moli.
    Still pretty much bone dry 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

We had about 3 minutes worth of rain on Monday afternoon, trails coping well.

m1kea
    Free Member

Rain? Had the dustiest ever ride in my life last night.

Del

we had a drop over night but it still looks like spain out there. snigger.

I_Ache
    Free Member

There was much more grip available on last nights ride, no sliding around in the dust for me. There was only mud where there is mud all year round but it was very sloppy and fell straight off the bike.

binners

I reckon we’ve had (and are still having) just enough rain to keep the (plentiful) dust down. The ground, even up on the moors, is baked solid. The rain will just run straight off

Be still my beating heart 😀

Drac

Just thankful as last year was crap, this is the street parallel with mine when we had a flash flood.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ5S2jqKeZA[/video]

binners

Indeed Drac. This is the top of my road last ‘summer’

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLg5AfDVwTM[/video]

What fun it was!

Ropeyjob
    Free Member

Rain? It’s still 38 deg C on the Island (too **** hot) 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

On the Island? Are you in some kind of scifi novel?

I’m only asking cos we’ve got six lots of double raindrops forecast for tonight, I’m wondering if this will mean the end of fast trails…

dantsw13

The odd heavy shower own here in Sussex – made the trails even better!!

Drac

Aye binners that was about 3 days before we’d been saying how lucky we were that Alnwick is so high up compared to Hebden it would never flood. 3 days later there was cars floating down the hight street.

Anyway looks like we’re going to get dunched there’s some bigs black clouds gathering.

ahwiles
    Free Member

the trails are fine, the brambles seem to have grown about 3ft in 48 hours though…

bikebouy
    Free Member

No blooming rain on the coast sunshine, nope not a drop 😛

wwaswas

No rain here.

It will be starting on Sunday as our front wheels hit the off ramp of the Isle of Wight Ferry though…

Simon

Had a thunder storm yesterday, trails are back to dry and dusty again today 🙂

Drac

And it’s hear 🙁

spacemonkey

About 10 mins of rain a couple of nights ago in the Surrey Hills. Coping well 🙂 Well, I was this afternoon until I snapped a mech hanger 🙁 Just as well I had a replacement 🙂

Drac

Well it lasted about 5 mins so I reckon they’ll survive.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What is this rain you speak of?

Last time I saw some rain was at Glastonbury festival. It’s so dry and dusty I’m having trouble keeping my bikes lubed, they are getting squeaky. Not gonna complain though.

dantsw13

+1 on the brambles!! A trail we cleared with machetes only 4 weeks ago is nigh on unrideable again.

Drac

Funny noticed that yesterday Chunky took the kids out on a ride and my bike was rather noisy from Friday’s ride.

Megatron

These are from the town my parents live in. Going back to have a look tomorrow. From previous experience, the trails may be a little damp but far more interesting.

story on the beeb

brambles, yep lots of those, a few trees have fallen because of the rain and the nettles will still be out in force.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘How have your trails held up after the rain?’ is closed to new replies.