Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Singular bikes
  • Lummox

Thought I’d posted this but I guess the forum glitch killed it.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Sam at singular for his generosity in supplying a head badge for a frame I recently purchased from Germany.

Theres a lot of reasons to purchase a frame or bike but I think the company and the after sales is a big part of it and Singular are most certainly up there.

Singular puffin if anyone’s interested.

Thanks Sam it’s a beaut

CheesybeanZ

I think you need to reply to your own thread.

tuboflard

Only ever purchased one Singular which was a Rooster via Kickstarter. Sure Sam would say it didn’t go as smoothly as he’d hoped but he was great throughout and kept everyone informed as to the delays and what he was doing to speed things up as much as he could.

It’s people like that and smaller companies in the bike industry which I really like (Bird, Hunt, 18 Bikes, Cotic to name a few) which make all the difference. That’s usually where my money goes.

zezaskar
    Free Member

I’ve had a Swift SS (one of the very first ones, the ones without derailleur cable guides/hanger and the looong flexy fork) and a Rooster, both in that stunning blue. I remember them fondly, they were amazing for the xc, long distance and bikepacking I was mostly into at the time. Sam was also available for any doubt, top notch service

andrewh
    Free Member

It was a Swift that finally convinced me to go 29, I had hated all of them I had ridden until that point, that was the first one which actually felt right and handled well. That and then a Tallboy

monkeyboyjc

I bought a humming bird 12ish years ago, set up full 26, it was around the time 29rs were becoming popular. I really wanted a swift but couldn’t afford the full frame/wheel/fork upgrade at the time. But the humming bird was prob one of the nicest bikes Ive owned – if I’d bought a swift I’d prob still have it now….
    Would love a ti kite…..

funkmasterp

Always thought they were lovely looking bikes. Are Singular still going? Not heard anything about them for ages.

john_l
    Free Member

Definitely still going!

Sam’s doing small batch ti runs of the Pegasus and Kite (I have both) and just re-started the Peregrine (pre-order).

matt_outandabout

The Pegasus is on my ‘maybe one day’ list as my only MTB.

Alongside a steel Shand ‘everything’ bike.

kayak23

Pics or it didn’t happen.

funkmasterp

Glad he’s still going. I always fancied the buzzard back in the day.

cjr61

I’ve owned a Swift and now recently purchased a Kite from Sam’s very own collection. Top bikes, and Sam is a top chap.

retrobri
    Free Member

I rode a swift for many years, lovely bike and would love to see a new release with updated geo. Also had the canti kite and then moved to the disc Kite which I still ride most weeks. All great bikes and service.

zezaskar
    Free Member

I for one would love to see a Singular’s interpretation of the modern aggressive hardtail

nedrapier

Fan club member here, too.

Fell in love with the Peregrine in 2012, bugged the hell out of Sam and Condor cycles to try and wangle a build on C2W. C’d2W on it 50 miles a week for 4 years. Set it up all ways since, raced, toured, bikie packed, road centuries, hung on on tech mtb rides on it. Make sure it’s always ready ride.

Wife bought a Swift which she lurves, after Sam organised a test ride for us, and I scooped up a Puffin s/h to scratch that itch. top fun there too.

All his bikes just look like bikes should.

New Peregrine looks ace. If I didn’t have the Mk2, I’d have one!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I for one would love to see a Singular’s interpretation of the modern aggressive hardtail

Buzzard? It kinda came out whilst everyone was figuring out modern geometry so it was oddly short and slack.

Spoke to Sam a couple of years ago at SSUK and it sounded like the Swift was coming back as a more agressive XC bike with track ends rather than EBB to shed some weight. Which would be interesting.

swavis

One of my biggest cycling related regrets was selling my Gryphon…. to fund a Puffin 🤦🏻‍♂️

rOcKeTdOg

IMG_20210418_163612_871

PXL_20210418_103209807

Lummox

Always had a soft spot for a steel framed bike, picked my swift up from here and for my sins it’s been my commuter. I love it, it’s a bit shabby but the blue paint and the looks sold the brand, the puffin is nicer as the tapered headtube adds a nice aesthetic.

pics when I finally get a fork on it, need to get them painted to match.

oldnpastit

I have a 2010 era Swift in the shed. I still occasionally ride it, but it had the life sucked out one December when I went on an exceptionally muddy ride and killed the oh!-so-lush-and-niche White Industries freewheel. Replaced it with several kg of solid iron Deore hub and it was never quite the same.

Perhaps I should go and find a suitably lush and niche hub to replace it and then get back out on the Swift. It is pretty nice.

Sam

Slow reply, I don’t get in here much these days… Thanks for all the kind words though guys – it makes it all worthwhile. Things have been quiet the past few years after my business ‘partner’ screwed me over and I had to go back to a regular job. I’ve been keeping my hand in with some custom Ti frames which are lovely, and as John said I have a new batch of Peregrines on the way (there should be a review in ST/Grit coming soon). Also just wrapping up an order for new Gryphons which ought to arrive in spring 22 – then some new Swifts next summer, production lead times are crazy at the moment.

Toasty

Good news, hoping you keep similar geometry on the Swifts and resist the urge to turn it into a long/low/slack monster like everything else 🙂

The grub screws in the EBB in my Swift seized, totally from lack of maintenance on my side. One hole now has a snapped allen key head in it, the other one has a broken drill bit in it. I am defeated.

yetidave
    Free Member

Taking my mk1 swift on holiday up the west coast soon. Its now got flared drops, a dropper post linked to the road shifters, 1×9 drivetrain and rigid forks. No matter how it is built up it is just such a great bike to ride – still giving after 10 years.

Andy-R

Most people around here know how much I like my Hummingbirds (2 steel, one Ti and my wife has one).
    My first steel one was pretty much all I rode for 9 or 10 years (rigid singlespeed 69er). I used to rave about its handling to anyone who’d listen – eventually they all got pissed off hearing about it.

Now after being tempted away by Liteville 301s I’m back riding the Ti one (with Ti forks). One of my riding mates reckons that if he had it he wouldn’t use it – he’d just use it as “wall art”.
    It is a thing of beauty, mind.

The nicer of the two steel frames is for sale btw…….

boltonjon

I jumped on the Singular bandwagon with the Kickstarter Puffin

Still the best handling fatbike that i’ve owned!

Desperately needs a full refurb mind 🙂

pop-larkin
    Free Member

In the process of building up a ti kite – bloody hard work sourcing parts- latest challenge is a 2 week wait for some sram hydraulic brake hose ….. looks like it should be a good looker and lightweight to boot

bikesian65
    Free Member

Big fan of Sams bikes here – have a Gryphon that I bought new in 2012 and it’s still my fave bike , also have a peragrine that’s also great – after being distracted by a certain USA brand with truss forks I have now ordered a Ti Gryphon – really looking forward to it – excellent all round bikes with top notch service by Sam who’s a top bloke

theotherjonv

I regret selling my Swift; is there a mailing list Sam for when new ones are going to be released?

PJay
    Free Member
    tuboflard

That’s my Rooster! 😉

Need to work out how I can justify a new Swift next year, though I feel it will be inevitable.

Dickyboy

Regret selling one of the bronze coloured swifts with std bb, thought a vagabond would suits my needs better dumdass that I am 😕

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Singular bikes’ is closed to new replies.