Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Singletrackworld Personal Blacklist Script
  • Rorschach
    Free Member

Is there a script for adding Jamie to all threads?

teasel
    Free Member

Bleugh…!

I think I almost vomited after reading that.

Edit : Sickophantic, if you will. 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Bleugh…!

I think I almost vomited after reading that

Best be careful……he’s not locked in here with us, we’re locked in here with him. 😉

teasel
    Free Member

Heh

Nice (reworked) quote.

But you have to admit, that’s so sucky it should have been posted on that Dyson thread…

GregMay
    Free Member

Hmmm appears that it’s now been disabled by Chrome as it’s not part of the webstore. Currently don’t appear to be able to re-enable it.

BoardinBob

Hmmm appears that it’s now been disabled by Chrome as it’s not part of the webstore. Currently don’t appear to be able to re-enable it.

Still working here

GregMay
    Free Member

Interesting, wonder if it’s something on the work image…not that I’d look at STW in work obviously.

AlexSimon

smiththemainman – Member

Does STW automatically block some people for you? as in over 6 years lurking around on here I can genuinely say ive never noticed Chewkws name. If people started blocking too many and there were a few blocked people involved in a thread then surely the gist of the thread would not make any sense to the blocker. Ah – You must hang out in the bike section 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

mine went off for a bit but is back working now
    No idea why

GregMay
    Free Member

Mine is still not working. Ho hum.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I saw this and thought of this thread:

“VBulletin, very popular forum software, has a feature called “Global ignore” that does what you describe. I used to run a large well-moderated professional discussion forum and if we got a jerk in the rolls we would first warn him, then either put him on global ignore or “miserable users”, which is hilarious. It would take people sometimes months to realize they were being muted, sometimes they never did figure it out.

Miserable users was pretty funny, if you decided the person had to go but was big enough of an asshole you wanted to still have some fun, you would turn this on. It would:

1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
    2. A chance they will get the “server busy” message (50% by default).
    3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
    4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
    5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
    6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
    7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page.

After that you just waited for them to get frustrated and leave of their own accord. Passive-Aggressive Nirvana!”

https://ask.slashdot.org/story/17/02/04/1919203/ask-slashdot-how-do-you-deal-with-aggressive-forum-users

Stoner
    Free Member

1. Slow response (time delay) on every page (20 to 60 seconds default).
    2. A chance they will get the “server busy” message (50% by default).
    3. A chance that no search facilities will be available (75% by default).
    4. A chance they will get redirected to another preset page (25% & homepage by default).
    5. A chance they will simply get a blank page (25% by default).
    6. Post flood limit increased by a defined factor (10 times by default).
    7. If they get past all this okay, then they will be served up their proper page.

Either ST Towers have turned on Miserable User for me, or that’s normal for all of us 🙂

scotroutes

Talking of which, we haven’t heard from Stoner in a long time….

Drac

Talking of which, we haven’t heard from Stoner in a long time….

Shhhh! You’ll give the game away.

Jamie
    Free Member

I guess this is the important stuff being worked on before reinstating all the usability that got removed from the mobile platform.

Stoner
    Free Member

if it werent for Jamie, id think I was such a thread killer.

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Singletrackworld Personal Blacklist Script’ is closed to new replies.