Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)
  • Singletrackworld Personal Blacklist Script
  • metalheart
    Free Member

For the record, I only block Druidh and Onion. Complete nobs. I just wish they could be more like that Scotsroutes fella. Proper salt of the earth.

@Jamie: you do realise he’s not that big in real life though? If the rest of Donald Trump was in proportion to his teeny tiny hands then that, that, would be his actual size…

I would actually like to block chewk as he’s definitely just an attention seeker that brings nothing to the threads. I’ve stopped reading his posts and I don’t understand why people interact with him. Don’t. Feed. The . Troll.

There are others I’d like a selective filter on (yup Jamba on political threads). I’m not averse to hearing opposing opinions as long as they are coherent and rational (and backed up!). I’m not a fan of thm (mainly because of the repeated childish name calling) but at least he strings an argument together.

Other than political threads I’m happy to read most peoples contributions.

I’m sure I must be on a couple lists on doping or Sky threads though…. 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Blocking on specific forums (i.e. just bike, chat, for sale) would be interesting.

Oh, and the blacklist script is usable on chrome too

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of thm

😥

It must be odd using blockers as the trend in threads would be lost! Easy enough to ignore those you want to. Although agree that in one obvious case, the style makes reading on a phone annoyingly difficult!

The irony of one (oft-quoted) block is very amusing albeit unintentionally so.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Maybe a script in which you can identify people who are not allowed to read your post, so they can’t be mean to you!

metalheart
    Free Member

@thm:

mainly because of the repeated childish name calling

Seriously, it detracts from your point and is unnecessary. Nippy, etc. At least I can respect your points 😆

And I read, not skim/skip reading as well.

Wait, I’m not on thm’s kill list? oh noes… 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Excuse me, my friend 😉 “nippy” came from my pal duckie, and his Scottish dont you know 😉

No offence taken BTW!!

metalheart
    Free Member

No offence taken BTW!!

None intended and I didn’t think you had, didn’t do any harm for me to clarify though.

Oh, its not just nippy though, is it…?

funkmasterp

This forum is one of the nicest I’ve come across tbh. Might be the age range of posters, but it’s one of the reasons I waste so much time on here. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of genuinely venomous posts.

As others have said, reading different opinions on a wide range of subjects is one of the best elements of this forum. Even if some of those opinions are utter bollocks (mine included).

whitestone
    Free Member

I’m with bikebuoy on this, the long political threads are the equivalent of post-pub kebab shop conversations, just walk on by. After a while you get to know which posters aren’t really contributing to a (or any) thread so I’ll just skip whatever they’ve written – a bit like ignoring the adverts. If two or more of the usual suspects are on a thread then I’ll just mentally block the whole thread.

JackHammer

How fascinatingly neurotic!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m up to 6 names at the moment….lifes too long as it is.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m flattered.

Jamie
    Free Member

Might be the age range of posters,

40-60 so all the testosterone has leaked away by now.

Klunk
    Free Member

I’m flattered forgotten.

mintimperial

Oooh. Finally got round to figuring out how to make this work in Chrome, you need the Tampermonkey add-on, and then copy and pasting the code into a new script seemed to work. Now I don’t have to see that one particular individual’s imbecilic gibberings anymore. Lovely.

(No criticism of the mods intended at all by the way, this forum is a pretty nice place to visit most of the time.)

zippykona

Mint..a step by step guide for computer imbeciles such as myself please!

mintimperial

Mint..a step by step guide for computer imbeciles such as myself please!

1. Install Tampermonkey
    2. Copy the code from here – everything in the big box, from // ==UserScript== to AddJQuery(BlockUsers);
    3. Click on the Tampermonkey icon that’s appeared at the top right of chrome (little black square with two circles at the bottom)
    4. Click on ‘Create new script’ and delete the little bit of gibberish that’s already in the text box
    5. Paste code
    6. Click ‘Save’ disc icon
    7. Block users by typing their names in the box that pops up when you click ‘Flitered authors’ link at top of STW forum threads.

That should do it. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

It would be ironic if zippykona only wanted the script so he could block mintimperial.

DrJ

I’ve blocked Chewkw. His insane, prolific rambling on the Donald Trump, EU threads etc does my head in.

Well, likewise, but somehow it’s even more annoying to read the people who respond to him. It’s a bit like how it’s annoying to hear half of a conversation when someone’s yapping on their mobile.

mintimperial

It would be ironic if zippykona only wanted the script so he could block mintimperial.

To be fair, I am pretty annoying, I’m this close –><– to blocking myself right now.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I didn’t have to install tampermonkey. I just added it to chrome, then click the three dots in the top right, click more tools in the list then Extensions. It’s in there, then click options and check the box for blocking users. You can then either write the usernames manually, separated by commas and no spaces, or click “block user” next to their name when you see one of their posts.

Mine extends to a heady seven users, mainly the right wing nut jobs.

scotroutes
    mintimperial

Hmm, I tried adding it without Tampermonkey but Chrome wasn’t having it. Will muck about some more, I’ve got nothing better to do this afternoon…

akira

I quite like the crazy ones, knowing that some people may actually believe mental stuff makes me thankful that most people seem to be pretty sane on here. Plus bear poking can be fun.

Jamie
    Free Member

Singletrack World Forum Extender Tools on Chrome

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/singletrack-world-forum-e/cpgdlmbifgbhcoigdoeoooakijdionop?hl=en-GB

Seems broken.

Edit: For me at least.

BoardinBob

Working here

philxx1975
    Free Member

How completely and utterly brave of some to hide behind their keyboards and a blocker, literally cringeworthy

The forums should be split into a range from

Really really really fragile little souls —-–——> to those who can handle a real world.

Maybe rename to sensitive track world

I love it when some morons make a retort.

Jamie
    Free Member

I love it when some morons make a retort.

Indeed. Don’t we all.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Indeed. Don’t we all.

Says you.

BoardinBob

It’s nothing to do with being sensitive

It’s being unable to read incomprehensible gibberish from Chewkw. Non-stop nonsensical bollocks, all day every day.

stewartc
    Free Member

People who use block filters are the same that burn books, so insecure in there beliefs that they have to destroy that which does not fit there own image.
    Its an online forum, you can simply scan and scroll, its doesn’t cost you money or time to simply avoid based on the author, are you really that scared that you would be corrupted by words or so lacking in confidence to resist thoughts opposite to your current beliefs?

MTFU etc….

scotroutes

There must be a lot of folk on your blocklist as it seems you haven’t read any of the previous posts on this thread.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s being unable to read incomprehensible gibberish from Chewkw.

It’s really not compulsory to read his posts you know, I can quite easily avoid reading stuff by people who don’t interest me. What buggers things up is when people, for reasons which I don’t fully understand, respond to his “incomprehensible gibberish” – that’s when the threads get trashed and derailed. He couldn’t do it on his own.

BoardinBob

True. He thrives on the attention

andytherocketeer

roffle.

much easier to hide radical authoritarian political tosh from the 1 person I would block than it is to skip over it.

Jamie
    Free Member

There must be a lot of folk on your blocklist as it seems you haven’t read any of the previous posts on this thread.

Stop whining.

ton

why on earth would you want to block someone
    why on earth would someone annoy you
    why on earth come on a forum where you get annoyed
    why on earth read a post by someone who annoys you

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

some sound Yorkshire logic there, ton!

[but lets, not interrupt, this is building momentum now]

mintimperial

People who use block filters are the same that burn books

Steady on chap. Nobody’s actually destroying anything with their filters, are they? There’s lots of good stuff on here, I like to be able to chatter away about bikes and, sometimes, when I’m really drunk, even read some of the political threads. But occasional bits of irritating nonsense keep getting in the way, sort of like someone scrawling badly-drawn penises all over a newspaper or something. The block filter just removes the nob graffiti from my sight, that’s all.

It’s really not compulsory to read his posts you know, I can quite easily avoid reading stuff by people who don’t interest me. What buggers things up is when people, for reasons which I don’t fully understand, respond to his “incomprehensible gibberish” – that’s when the threads get trashed and derailed. He couldn’t do it on his own.

On another forum that I used to help moderate, the devs implemented a very cunning alternative to just banning people to mitigate this problem. They muted the user for everyone else, so they could post bollocks all day long to their little heart’s content, and nobody (except mods) could see them. It was pretty funny watching them figure out what had happened slowly as their trolling attempts failed over and over and the conversation carried on happily all around them. Quite often you’d see the troll persona slip and the real person come out: “Hello? Can anyone hear me? Hello?”

codybrennan
    Free Member

Think I’ve said this before, but there’s only 1 name on mine, and I get trigger finger over adding one other.

I don’t mind ‘the other one’ too much, but based on the sane, pragmatic stuff that he writes elsewhere (for example, on how businesses can pragmatically handle brexit), he’s either:

a)trolling everyone here
    b)trolling the clients he advises

and I can’t decide which it is, so I just leave him on for ‘?’ value. I dont think I’ll ever really know.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Singletrackworld Personal Blacklist Script’ is closed to new replies.