Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Sing if you wanna go faster…
  • tomhoward

Slightly different from your normal how to vids, but I can see how it would work…

aide

Just watched that before in my lunch hour. Good vid, am gonna try singing next time I’m out

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I love Tracy H.

kelvin

PrinceJohn

Now wondering if the song I sing will make a difference –

ie RATM when I want to smash it

ABBA when it’s just cruising

tomhoward

I think Queen have a suitable song. A couple actually.

wwaswas

That was a really fun watch *and* something to think about. Thanks 🙂

koldun
    Free Member

It does work, been singing on the descents for a while now 😀

chevychase

I always sing Men Of Harlech when I’m in Wales.

Doesn’t make me any less shit 🙁

Northwind

I’ve got an embarassing habit of singing showtunes. One of my PBs at dunkeld was achieved by singing Cool from West Side Story. Stay loose, boy. Breeze it, buzz it, easy does it, turn down the juice boy…

But I don’t actually do it much when trying to go fast, because it makes me feel not fast and what’s the point of that? Definitely worth trying though

jamj1974

I sing sometimes on trails and generally I feel better doing it. It will be interesting to start some times sections and see if the difference is real for me or in my head…

alpin
    Free Member

Watched that a couple of days ago. The concentrate on your breathing thing plays true.

Was told that years ago and it helps. Never tried singing, but that’s because I can’t sing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

She is awesome!!
    Met her Mum and Sis at Cairns at the worlds, somewhere there is a vid showing how she was in WC, went off to work in the mines and came back to get back to the top.
    Come on Little Trace!!
    https://www.instagram.com/littletrace13/

Onzadog
    Free Member

Singing, humming or whistling have always helped. Whistle Stop from Disney Robin Hood is one of my favourites.

Once helped a chap with his jumping by getting him to whistle – the problem was, he was holding his breath and tensing – but you can’t hold your breath while whistling.

The other thing that helped that chap is that someone he trusts to know what they’re talking about told him he was doing it right.

funkmasterp

Great vid. I’m faster* if I listen to music, which is close I guess. Normally Clutch’ back catalogue on random. Rarely take headphones on a ride, but have set PB’s when I do.

*fast for me

kayak23

Usually do a bit of head singing too.. Really helps the flow. Usually it can be any song.

Whenever I find myself on the Verderers trail at FOD though it’s, ‘Here come the hot steppa- VERDERER, I’m the lyrical gangsta- VERDERER…

I won’t be able to watch Tracey in a world cup now without imagining all the singing and giggling going on inside that helmet 😂

theotherjonv

Lovely idea, bit double edged in reality

pandhandj
    Free Member

Waiting on the bus to go to work with tears of joy in my eyes and shouting at the phone to cheer him on. What a fantastic video!!!

tomhoward

Yeah, apart from it being a good video, Tracy is properly funny.

‘The good news is, you can get better’
    ‘Are you still on your bike?’
    ‘Why are you screaming?’

PP: ‘You crash if you ride at less than 50%?’
    TH: ‘umm, well, yeah, I get bored…’

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s all about swagger really isn’t it? I think that’s what the singing gives you.

johnw1984
    Free Member

That was ace! Tracy is a proper class act too 🙂

BillOddie

I like to sing “Baby Shark” when riding, it also helps alert people to my presence if I happen to catch them.

trumpton
    Free Member

Tracey H is brilliant.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Sing if you wanna go faster…’ is closed to new replies.