Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Simple pleasures 😊
  • gnusmas

Got a text this morning from a friend saying her and her husband were going to our local park with their 2 kids with a picnic and bikes etc, did we want to join them?Made sandwiches, filled bottles with juice, packed some snacks, got the kids bikes out of the garage and headed down. Glorious day, park was pretty full. All 6 kids riding bikes, running around, playing with other kids etc. My friends thought it would be nice to get me out of the house, they pretty much kept them occupied the whole time. I sat relaxed and chilled under a tree, my mind for once filled with happy memories instead of a cold painful fog. Really nice watching them all and laughing at their antics, even joined in a bit too. Expected to be there for a couple of hours, left the house at 11am and got back at 6pm. All in all a good day of simple pleasures, an extremely rare occurrence these days. That is all.

neila

Always makes me smile seeing kids doing kid things in the park. Sounds like a good day out 👍

croe
    Free Member

Sounds like a great day done well!

senorj

Sounds like a lovely day.
    Nice to do something spontaneous.
    Something I struggle with tbh…
    Anyhow ,I nominate wild flowers…..which are a treat for free.

matt_outandabout

Happy days.

easily
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s a better sound in the world than kids laughing.

granny_ring

Nice one mate.

joshvegas
    Free Member

One giant dairymilk button placed on the tongue until its gone.

Then shovelling the rest of the family bag in!

A nice contemplative walk. I’d in mad studying mode at the moment. Stepping out for twenty in shorts and tshirt to walk around a dry field is a delight.

martymac

indeed, the simple things in life are best.
    Kids playing
    Birds singing
    Sneaking out a dangerfart without being caught 😎😎

antigee

like that*…..out walking the dog this morning and woman who lives in house we back onto was just coming out and said something like “sorry if the kids are too noisy in the garden” had to say no way great they are out and playing having a good time and I mean it

*edit not the dangerfart the OP

Kryton57

Yesterday i discovered Malt Loaf and Blue Cheese go together.   Yum!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Oooh martmac has a point.

A full throttle ripper in a cast iron bath tub.

chakaping
    Free Member

Bringing it all together – making your kids laugh with your farts is a feeling that’s pretty hard to beat.

My daughter finally wanted to ride her bike today and did really well scooting along the road with the pedals taken off.

She’s a bit behind the curve at the age of 10 but her autism has prevented her from doing it until now. I’d kind of given up hope so it was a lovely surprise.

mikejd

On Thursday our foster placement of 13mths came to an end and she moved to other carers. Our family placement worker had finally encouraged my wife to end it before she did for our well-being. The girl was the most relentlessly negative, agressive, abusive, rude little s**t I have come across and she has now gone.

So we have been out and about with the two other placements we have, twins 12 boy &girl, Saturday at Bike Glenlivet rode the blue route, today RSPB Troup Head to watch the gannets. To see these kids so obviously happy in the open air, no phones or wifi, has reminded me of some of why we do this.

StirlingCrispin

Gnusmas – awesome.

Neighbour’s 5-yr old comes up and asks if he can borrow the pump that squeaks.

Me: ?

5-yr old: It’s for my paddling pool.

Me: Oh – The air-bed pump.

Next 10 minutes all I can hear is squeak, squeak, squeak…..squeak, squeak.

Then the sounds of children laughing.

Made my day 🙂

nickc

Life. It goes on

funkmasterp

Sounds like a great day

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Another update from Gnusmas that makes me reflect on my day. A run in the warm sun on dusty trails before a late breakfast of fresh peaches and raspberries. Taking the time to enjoy the simply beauty of fresh fruit at this time of year.

Thanks for making me stop, think and appreciate some of the small pleasures.

macdubh

Big man, post of the year, I can totally relate. 👍 All the best. Genuine happiness for you and the family. #DustyAtomsphere

mariner
    Free Member

Decided to join the dark side last week and went off to buy an emtb.
    Came home with a Martin D20 guitar.
    It is beautiful to look at and wonderful to play.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Simple pleasures 😊’ is closed to new replies.