Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Simple heart rate monitoring app
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Is there an Android app that I could use with a Bluetooth/ ANT heart rate sensor that I have which doesn’t track an exercise event, but rather just records heart rate and displays it on a time / BPM graph?

I’d like to see what my heart rate does when I sleep, mooch about all day in the house. I don’t need any tracking options.

Cheers.

onewheelgood

I have a Garmin Instinct watch and the Garmin Connect app does this. IDK if you can just connect the sensor to the phone, but it might be possible.

scotroutes

Do you really want to wear a HRM strap all day and night? A cheap Garmin Forerunner 35 will record your heart rate all day and you just sync it with Garmin Connect on your phone to see the stats. You’d probably get a week between recharges if you’re not using it for activity recording.

qwerty
    Free Member

Do you really want to wear a HRM strap all day and night?

Yea, it won’t be for EVERY day, just occasionally to satisfy some curiosity, probably more often initially and then tapering off when I’ve seen what’s going on. It’s a wrist sensor so no different to wearing a watch.

johnnystorm

Thanks to @scotroutes mentioning it, I use my Garmin watch to send my heart rate to my Garmin edge instead of a chest strap. With that in mind I wouldn’t want to wear a chest strap all day. Depending how precise you need it to be a Xiaomi band will do what you want for about £20-25 but if you can stretch to a Garmin I’d probably trust it more.

Edit: Ah, not a chest strap.

DrJ

just sync it with Garmin Connect

In my experience you don’t “just sync” with Garmin software. You struggle endlessly restarting apps and re-logging in and then you go and buy an Apple Watch.

DickBarton

I can confirm that all you do is wear the watch and it does indeed just sync to the Garmin Connect site. It even does it seamlessly when I open the Garmin app on my Android phone and I can see all the stats and info.

Nowt that wrong with an Apple.watch although everyone I know who has one confirms they have to charge it every single day and most do it overnight so don’t have any sleep tracking…seems odd as I get 14 days out my Garmin between charges.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.