Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Silt Wheels
  • robbie
    Free Member

Came accross these while looking for a lightweight xc wheelset. Anyone got any experience with their wheels?
    I’ve got hunts on my gravel bike and thought they were great but the wait times are too long for xc just now so thinking about trying Silt.
    Cheers

jwt
    Free Member

They are the MTB side of Scribe, so I imagine they will be as good as the road wheels they do.

nedrapier

No idea, but the name is an odd choice, makes me think of knackered, muddy, rusty bearings sitting in a little pool of greasy water!

mashr

Reports seem good, especially if you take Scribe into account too. However I noticed that it’s not that much more to get something like a full DT Swiss setup from the likes of Fitwheels, so went there instead. Might not be much in it but I figured that I won’t have any potential spares issues in future by going that way

chakaping
    Free Member

No idea, but the name is an odd choice, makes me think of knackered, muddy, rusty bearings sitting in a little pool of greasy water!

Made me nostalgic for my geography A level studies on landform.

Very odd brand name.

robbie
    Free Member

Mashr
    Just had a look at fitwheels and prices seem decent just not sure how much customs and import duty will be on them now!

mashr

Premier Icon
    robbie
    Free Member

Mashr
    Just had a look at fitwheels and prices seem decent just not sure how much customs and import duty will be on them now!

20% VAT and £10(ish) handling fee is what I’ve just been charged

Northwind

The name makes me think of those chinese “brands” where they’ve done their best but it’s just not worked out, like Snail. The wheels look decent but sort of awkwardly priced for what they are, like mashr says you can get top end known brands for not much more.

robbie
    Free Member

OK cheers guys looking at the selection on fitwheels what would you go for lightweight 29er wheelset budget below 500? I’ve no clue about all the different rims and hubs, 2.2 – 2.4 tyres full suss xc bike to replace std roval wheels.
    Cheers

intheborders
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the Roval wheels – as their decent ones are light and wide?

robbie
    Free Member

Roval ones especially the front are pretty heavy, 1980 grams for the pair front one is 940!
    Plus I want to change the nx cassette so have to buy an xd hub anyway and it is £90 for the rovals so seems logical to upgrade all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Silt Wheels’ is closed to new replies.