Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Showers at work – how bad are yours?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Well this is the shower I have to use, doesn’t ever appear to be cleaned ie the tray feels slimey when you stand on it, and the walls are just ordinary plaster, damp/wet, falling apart etc.

Should I complain about it, or just MTFU ?

18bikes

I use wet wipes.

dibboid
    Free Member

Somewhere to wash your bike tho. 😀

lerk
    Free Member

I would hazard a guess that they have never heard of L8!

But, the easy fix for that would be to remove it altogether, so maybe put up and shut up…

batman11
    Free Member

Yep sorry MTFU mine are communal and are used as toilets by the night shifts and on some mornings smell worse than a public loo in 30deg of heat 🙁

the-muffin-man

I’ve showered in worse!

ebygomm
    Free Member

Mine is ace, wet room style, adjustable shower height, seat for a sit down if you’re over exerted yourself, bench to sit on to change, hooks to hang clothes on, heated towel rail, lockers 🙂

AndrewJ
    Free Member

We have 3 lockable showers cubicles (one for disabled), they are 4 years old, are cleaned every day and even have electric heaters in them for those cold winter days 🙂 Sorry I’m probably not helping! 😛

curvature
    Free Member

You need me to refurbish that!!

http://www.atc-interiors.co.uk

dandax1990
    Free Member

The works shower is where my boss told me to keep my bike lol.

Were fitted about 30 years ago and don’t think they’ve been used/cleaned for about 20.

Very old fashioned steels works… i.e it’s a shit hole lol.

avdave2

Here’s mine and I commute off road all through the winter!

paulwf

Ours were terrible, but have been refurbished into a wet room style.
    Unfortunately the useless contractor that does all of the shoddy building work made the fall in the floor away from the showers, so the whole room gets soaked and it runs out into the main toilet

Mister-P
    Free Member

Have you considered cleaning it yourself?

bruneep

choice of 9 showers, joys of public sector working. 😉

brakes
    Free Member

13 shower rooms each with shower, sink, changing area and industrial pink shower gel.
    Free to use fresh cotton towels every morning.
    Lockers.
    Drying area.
    Hair drying and make-up area (for the ladyshapes).
    Attended during peak times by the mop lady.

I would have probably left my job years ago but for the excellent facilites.

ton

my shower

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Non existent, have to use a little hand basin, and hope I’ve remembered my towel.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Ours where great but while I’ve been off sick (7 months) they’ve changed the mixer taps, so now they’re still great but with new mixer taps. 😀

didgy2
    Free Member

mine looked about the same until they got shut down last week as traces of Legionnaires’ disease were found in the shower heads. They have now agreed to replace and refurbish all 4 and started yesterday

Mister-P
    Free Member

We have one that is pretty good but was a touch cold the other morning. Then I realised my much taller colleague had been in there so the head was too high. Dropped it down and it was lovely again.

legend
    Free Member

Sometimes the shower area in my work gets too warm – it’s a hard life 🙁

somafunk

Shower? , we don’t even have a toilet so have to trudge down to the public loos.

Do you expect others to clean up after you?, Not trolling btw but if your not happy with it then spend a few £ on products and clean it yourself.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I work for a very well known global tyre manufacturer, our shower is no better than that in the pic 🙁

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

8)

m1kea
    Free Member

What are these shower things you speak of?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Ours is ace. I’d pop to wilkos and grab some bits to give it a spruce up. 2 minutes work for a much nicer morning.

qwerty
    Free Member

Ours has a warning regarding legionaires disease on it :/

mindmap3
    Free Member

Ours is pretty grotty – there is only one that didn’t get used for ages until Nottingham introduced the parking levy. It now gets used quite a lot but is a bit grim…people leave stuff in there to ‘dry’ which seems a bit off to me.

I’m going to have to brave it when I start riding in.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ours is ace. I’d pop to wilkos and grab some bits to give it a spruce up. 2 minutes work for a much nicer morning.

What like some quick drying plaster, and some thing to seal the walls?

Before coming a public servant I had been used to nice, clean, modern showers as like in some of the pics above 🙂

It was actually my work colleagues who were disgusted when I showed them the pictures… I’ll put up with it, just cant imagine that work are happy to have wet soggy walls, with water potentially working its way through to the floor below.

samuri
    Free Member

The OP looks a bit grim, although I’ve showered in similar.

No pictures of my current showers which are actually OK, only one of my locker.

locker by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

portlyone

Ours 3 private showers were starting to get a little grubby so I made the suppliers aware. Deep clean and new silicon later they’re acceptable 😉

The other three showers I leave to the people who use our office gym.

#Noexcuses

plumber
    Free Member

We have a lovely shower, I’m lead to believe, its only for directors 2 of them – who never use it

Wet wipes in the bog for me

Sayin nowt

joolsburger
    Free Member

Have a choice of four, the best one is a lovely wet room affair with a huge shower head and virtually unlimited power. The worst is a bit snug and old fashioned but is cleaned twice daily and completely serviceable.

Jamie
    Free Member

@ChunkyMTB

Can I book a weekend break at your place of work, please?

I assume the breakfast is as good as the shower facilities.

robnorthcott
    Free Member

Shower for me is usually the rain on the way in. On the occasional day when it’s hot and dry there’s a hand basin in the loo and a can of smelly stuff. Mind you, my commute is less than 10 miles by the most direct (road) route and mostly down hill on the way in, so I don’t tend to get too manky.

I think I’ve only ever worked at one place that had a shower – do people consider it the norm these days?

joolsburger
    Free Member

This is the first place I’ve ever worked with a shower or for that matter where I don’t wear a suit to work. I will make it a point not to wear suits or not have a work shower again.

MrsToast
    Free Member

We don’t have a work shower, or lockers, or anywhere to dry clothes, so biking in can be a pain in bad weather.

That said, looking at that first photo makes me feel unclean. *shudder*

franksinatra

Attended during peak times by the mop lady.

You get attended to? Loving the sound of that.

jamj1974

Ours are pristine – cleaned daily. Compared to some of the above almost ‘golden’.

robnorthcott
    Free Member

I wasn’t suggesting you shouldn’t make use of it if it’s there… just genuinely wondering if it was common to have showers at work. I’ve mostly worked at small companies, but I’d imagine the bigger organisations are more likely to have such facilities (the one I worked at that had showers was Rolls-Royce, everywhere else just loos and basins).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Showers at work – how bad are yours?’ is closed to new replies.