Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Show us your Bandits….
  • Si
    Free Member

After a lot of searching, managed to find a deal on a Transition Bandit frame in large.

Its part of some new unsold 2012 stock so some pics to help decide whether I go green or grey please…. (Not to fussed on the black)

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Si, emailed you via your profile addy.
    Thanks
    Richard

nickdavies

This sells it in Silver for me! Not keen on black either..

Blatant cheek, but i’ve been looking for a 2012 as I need the discontinued XL frame, fancy sharing who’s sorted you out? Email in profile.

Si
    Free Member

See I think I’m starting to lean towards the green….

Guys that have emailed me…. I will share the information but want to get mine sorted first as not sure how many are available…

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Ok fair enough grey looks good too

funkybaj
    Free Member

Here’s mine in Lemon-Lime, I was unsure at first but love the colour now, it looks almost green in some light.

Awesome bike!

Cleaner…

daveh
    Free Member

How you getting on with yours funkybaj? I am rather fond of mine, interactive little bugger!

Definitely green by the way, all Transitions need to be in a lairy colour!

richen987
    Free Member

Go green, they are amazing fun bikes! Love mine

bandit

funkybaj
    Free Member

Yeah I love it, does everything I need a bike to do and suits what I ride perfectly. I did Glentress and Innerleithen in the same day the other week and it was a joy. Yet it’s also really tough and loves to springs round the trails.

Defo green by the way!

jam-bo

Who’s doing the deal si? Always fancied one to replace my ageing five

funkybaj
    Free Member

Whilst on the subject … the size sticker on the back of the seat tube, is that a different character depending on the size or is it just the boss or something?

daveh
    Free Member

Different per size, as per here I think.

Edit: you need to go to the geometry tab.

Mbnut
    Free Member

I never wanted a green one but got a good deal and now love it…

Don’t get hung up on the colour, make sure it fits and focus on getting it set up right and it will pay you back in spades… that is if you are looking for a bike that is fun rather than ruthlessly efficient.

Be aware if it has a ’13 CTD shock on it you will probably need to invest in a air volume reducer kit… have a play and get it set up and it is great.

therag
    Free Member

Thinking of building up one of these to replace my covert. Liking the green.

ashfanman
    Free Member

What’s wrong with black?

matther01
    Free Member

What length forks are folks running on theirs?

funkybaj
    Free Member

150mm on mine, I emailed Transition and they said there’d be no problems and would lower the head angle half a degree.

richen987
    Free Member

Running 140’S on mine. Soaks up everything nicely, wouldn’t mind giving a set if lowered 36’s a go or some 34mm slants if I was going to get so.e new forks, but seeing as I live down south not much point.

daveh
    Free Member

I had 140 revs on, tried 150 revs but didn’t like them as much, now have Slants at 140 (which probably splits the difference a-c wise between the two revs).

fudge9202
    Free Member

Same as funkybaj, running 150mm Revs as well find them perfect on my 2013 in Stealth Black. Will put some pics up later.

ashfanman
    Free Member

150mm on mine too. Kevin (one of the TBC owners) ran 160mm on his and said it was fine.

jedi

i did a video of me riding my bandit but cant find any pics 🙁

bungalistic
    Free Member

Really like my Bandit, superb little bike, I run 150mm up front also

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Would really appreciate a heads up on the source of your frame, I’m desperate for a Large 26, but I missed the boat with the 2013 frames, and I’m kicking myself.

fudge9202
    Free Member

cbmotorsport have you tried the distributor – Surf Sales, they might know where there is a large lurking in some store.

grahamt1980

Thinking about 150mm forks on mine as i seem to get quite a few pedal strikes, even started running 170mm cranks.
    What pressures are people running in their shock. I’m about 13st in all my gear.

daveh
    Free Member

230psi with the biggest air can spacer, 16 stone….!

mattbee

I’m waiting for somebody to get bored of his, (hint hint Rich) as it’s the only thing I think I would replace my 5 Spot with. They just look so damn good!

richen987
    Free Member

If I could find a knolly endorphin, it would be all yours Matt 😀

Fancy a ride Tues or weds ? Have days off tried emailing but email in your profile bounced.

mattbee

Wed would be good for me. Ian has my mobile no.x

basstronic
    Free Member

x

matther01
    Free Member

Just received possibly the last new stealth frame in the country!

pigyn
    Free Member

Not sure if this is overstepping the line for advertising or not.. so sorry if it’s out of line.

We still have one Medium Lemon&Lime for sale, and soon to list our ex-demo Medium Orange as well.

Ex demo will be £2200 with Reverb, 40% off.

Facebook

Pinkbike (offer list)

They are great bikes! Good to see so many people enjoying them.

swavis

Not seen any blue ones here yet 😉

funkybaj
    Free Member

Really like the blue, think it was only available on the 29er though?

matther01
    Free Member

Aye…think it was only 29. The new 650 comes in red or blue which tempted me…then remembered its 650 🙁

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

that new blue is metallic turqoise hope it looks better than it sounds.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

BikeSwanky has some deals on 26 and 29er Bandits – don’t know if they are good deals or not but keep seeing reference to them:

http://www.bikeswanky.co.uk/

swanky
    Free Member

Thanks Turner Guy for the mention.

The Bandit is definitely one of the best MTB we’ve ridden. Great to see so many positive comments on here. It’d be great to see more of them on the hills.

We may be able to help with that 🙂

Plus, if anyone who is involved in trail building, buys any one of our Clearance Bandits this week, we’ll donate £100 towards their chosen trail building team. If you’re not connected with any trail builders, we’ll donate it to the Hurtwood Trails.

Here’s the links to those bikes he mentioned:
    Bandit 29er Build Kit 1 – Large – Stealth Black
    Bandit 26 Build Kit 2 – Orange – Medium
    Bandit 26 Build Kit 2 – Lemon Lime – Large

We hope that you agree that 25% off, 2 years 0% finance, just a £99 initial payment and full manufacturers warranty is a reasonable offer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Show us your Bandits….’ is closed to new replies.