• This topic has 120 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by swdan.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 121 total)
  • Show me your Sonder Caminos!
  • letmetalktomark

This is my XL (MK1) – I’m 6’3 or thereabouts…..

I started with an 80mm stem and then went to a 90mm (not pictured above) Redshift.

I wouldn’t say I was overly long legged but do have long arms.

st4nley
    Free Member

This is my Medium, just under 5’9 with a 70mm stem. [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hruZMT]Sonder Camino Ti[/url] by Tony Hall, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kxFXpF]AC4A7325-F00A-4904-87DD-CDF02D9604B9_1_201_a[/url] by Tony Hall, on Flickr

This one is a bit cleaner.

goodatbikes
    Free Member

So nobody in the thread received a V3 frame or bike yet?

If not, anybody have a concrete date for dispatch? Or are we relying on the 7th Feb date quoted on the basket page?

Ordered a frame only early Dec, but can’t hold out much longer than mid-Feb…

montylikesbeer

This is mine, I’m 5’ 8” and I went for the medium

It arrived last Monday so just a roll down to Rawtenstall and back so far but it feels and rides superb.

My first bike packing trip is being planned for when lockdown ends, I’m going for The Way of The Roses (Morecambe to Bridlington)

ElShalimo

@kid.a – mine replaced a 58cm Spesh Tricross

kid.a
    Free Member

thanks @ElShalimo

piemonster

Question for the Ti owner like @metalheart

How are you getting on with them? Asking fir a friend…

MrSparkle

Monty – looks good. WOTR is a nice route. How long are you taking over it? My wife and some friends did it over 3 days with me as support in the van. We had some great nights in the pub!

boblo
    Free Member

@kid.a

Mine didn’t replace anything but my other gravel bike is a CAADX which I absolutely luuuurve. I set it up for both gravel and road depending what I’m doing – most of the time road. Two sets of Kinesis Crosslight CX’s. One 11/40 and G Ones the other 11/28 and Duranos. It is ace apart from the BB30 which I’ve changed with an adapter.

As a real positive, the Camino doesn’t feel much different to the CAADX apart from the chainstays stick out a bit more and can catch a heel. It’s a bit agricultural as well. But overall A1.

kid.a
    Free Member

Ordered Apex Hydro in Mint! Exciting

@boblo
    yeah I do like the CAADX, but there’s a few things about it I’d wanted to change, some not possible. Mine came with Spyres, so always planned to upgrage to hydro brakes at some point. The BB annoys me (BB30), now all my bikes will be threaded. And I want to be able to run fatter rubber, the CAADX can just squeeze a 38mm if condtions are dry.

Also, it’s lockdown, and I just wanted a new toy.

franksinatra

So here is the biggy question. I really like the look of the Decathalon Riverside Touring bike but waiting on them having stock seems risky. So now eyeing up Al Apex1 Hydraulic instead. Has any one got thoughts on comparing the two?

boblo
    Free Member

kid.a
    Free Member
    Ordered Apex Hydro in Mint! Exciting

@boblo
    yeah I do like the CAADX, but there’s a few things about it I’d wanted to change, some not possible. Mine came with Spyres, so always planned to upgrage to hydro brakes at some point. The BB annoys me (BB30), now all my bikes will be threaded. And I want to be able to run fatter rubber, the CAADX can just squeeze a 38mm if condtions are dry.

Aye. I changed to R685/785’s though I also get on with Spyres. So much so, I’ve put them on the Camino. BB30 deleted and I’ve found 38’s fine for gravel. I don’t ride gloop so don’t need anything wider. We seem to have found similar shortcomings…

metalheart
    Free Member

@piemonster:

Question for the Ti owner

How are you getting on with them? Asking fir a friend…

I’d tell you, but you’d just cry (again).

It’s been sat in the bike room since mid December, it’s been right icy out you know. It’s still shiney… 😜

See, I said you’d cry…

Oh, I don’t think it’s the best bike for the blue at Learnie Red Rocks…

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Same here, but with the GRX Camino.. Just waiting to see if my work’s going to do C2W!

piemonster

It’s been sat in the bike room since mid December, it’s been right icy out you know. It’s still shiney… 😜

LOL

I had been looking at a certain Ti Frame manufacturer who has a rather tasty deal running. But I’m very aware of just how well the AL Camino fits, so although the build quality ‘might’ be better the fit almost certainly isn’t.

Everything is screwed for availability anyway. I think what I’m going to do is hang on until Autumn, I’ll have a much better idea of job security for both me and Louise then, then wait for stock or pre order options then go nuclear on a complete bike. Keeping my current one for Munro ride ins, pubs, shops, commuting, and finally sell on the Genesis Day One to make room.

oddnumber
    Free Member

This is mine, had it for two years and it’s ace. I’m slap bang between sizes (176cm, 5’9 and a bit) and went for the Medium with the idea that making a smaller frame fit bigger is slightly easier. I fitted a 100 stem up from the standard 90. Bit of toe overlap with full mudguards but nothing to write home about.

Camino

snotrag

Been hovering over buy for a few weeks.
    Kept looking at other options, keep thinking about another Steel Gravel Frame at 2.5x the price. In the end, couldnt argue with the price and the fact that it ticks all my boxes – very good tyre clearance, good standover, relaxed/slack-ish geo.

I just knew that I’d be left cursing when I checked back next week and they are all gone… So I’ve gone for the Dark Grey Tarmac colour (to maximise colour options!).

I’ve got most of the bits ready to swap over, and with the money saved over a steel alternative I’ll build myself some nice fancy Hope/DT wheels or something with silly coloured hubs.

boblo
    Free Member

Did someone say this was a Brant design?

tall_martin

@oddnumber
    That bike looks amazing!

What do you have on a front rack that beefy? Can you get a weeks shop on it?
    Why a front rather than rear rack (I’ve had a rear rack for commuting and the odd tour for 20+ years).

oddnumber
    Free Member

@tall_martin

Thanks chap 🙂

What do you have on a front rack that beefy? Can you get a weeks shop on it?
    Why a front rather than rear rack (I’ve had a rear rack for commuting and the odd tour for 20+ years).

During lockdown last year I used it for combining the grocery run with daily exercise, so the rack and panniers worked really well. It carries loads for camping too. No particular reason for a front rack other than when I was looking for a rack I’d seen that one being used with my panniers so knew it’d work ok.

tall_martin

👍

That’s enough to start me looking at cycle to work schemes and plotting 🙂

colourofsound
    Free Member

Interested in picking one of these up as a second bike to my incoming Bird Aether 9…

I have a few questions:

– Where the top tube and the down tube meet the head tube seems to differ on the red vs the mint on Sonders website – is the mint a V3 and the red a V2? Seems odd if not..

– anyone ever put a suspension fork on a Camino? Interested in making a Hook ADV/Orange X9 type bike but you know, not for 2.5k…

Cheers!

dknwhy

Anyone know when the Ti frames will be available to order?
    Conflicting information on the site and Alpkit haven’t replied to my email last week or online chat.
    Looking to swap out the frame on my Space Chicken…

piemonster

@dknwhy

Pre Order should go live this month (no date given) with deliveries starting middle of next month.

nixie

So tempted to replace my V1 with a Ti.

Markie
    Free Member

What is clearance like? Any chance for a 26×2.3? Thx!

nstpaul
    dknwhy

Thanks @piemonster.
    Looks like that’s my 40th birthday purchase sorted!

sssimon
    Free Member

Was hoping for a despatch email today, got a we’ve been delayed by a week email. Fingers crossed.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Argh looks like it’ll be a wait until March to even order the flat bar Camino that I’ve been eyeing up. Is there any realistic chance of getting one in the next 3 months?

ElShalimo

I wouldn’t get one, they’re rubbish but ideal for teapot impressions

ElShalimo

ElShalimo

Tom-B
    Free Member

What drops are those @elshal?

Fairly certain I’m after a flat bar (I’ll add bar ends) Your drops look really shallow though.

ElShalimo

Standard LoveMud Bomber flared drops with the build. I bought the Apex1 hydraulic build in August 2017

I’ve had a bad knee for 6 years so not used my HT and this has been the only bike I’ve used since I bought it. The Riddler tyres are thorn magnets and the Apex1 rear derailleur can get “sticky’ but other than that it’s great.

karnali
    Free Member

@nixie what size is your v1?

pics of mine in the classifieds, latest version in a medium as new !!

snotrag

Deliveries of frames look to have gone back a week but they are also not taking any more orders, looks like I might have got in just in time.

Tom-B
    Free Member
    nixie

@karnali mine is either large or XL. Medium sadly too small. Really want the version of the fork you have with triple mounts.

goodatbikes
    Free Member

Another wave has said to have landed this week, anybody got any new info? New builds to show off?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Sonder Caminos!’ is closed to new replies.