Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Show Me Your Santa Cruz – Tallboy LTc , Solo C or Bronson C please
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i know a few folks on here have the Tallboy LTc, just wondered has anybody built up a solo carbon or bronson carbon yet?

im currently drooling/dreaming over them and would love some inspiration to sell a kidney/save up!

GolfChick
    Free Member

Woohooo oh me me meeeeee! Im waiting on the pikes so the fox are on loan from the shop and still waiting on spokes to get my chris kings built on to arch’s so again the wheels are on loan.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

nice (for a girls bike 😉 ), is it a tall boy that? cant really figure out what it is from the size of (and being all girly)

GolfChick
    Free Member

Bronson carbon.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

nice, first one ive seen in the flesh so to speak, any males out there got a pimped up x01/xx1 version of the carbon one?

antares
    Free Member

Wish I could show you my Solo, still waiting for it unfortunately 🙁

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Any more out there?

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Had a Solo Carbon in the stand at work today and it was a beauty. Full XTR and XX1 Gear. Stealth Black. Looked Quality. I too would like to see others.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Pbooker, you should have taken some snaps of it! Sounds amazing!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

TallboyC – from when it was new last year

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

*spunks* 😆

Holy cow that’s nice, what a build, how does it ride and what sort of riding do you do/where?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

everywhere, peaks, dalby, local routes, was at gisburn last weekend

feels like a lot more travel than than 100mm travel, its the Mk1 version which means you could chuck whatever forks you wanted on it – im sure the 140mm 34’s help the feeling of more travel, its in dire need of a service and tempted to send it to invisiframe as the frames getting some hammer now

xx1 has been faultless, as well

twoniner
    Free Member

Can do a tallboy LT (not carbon) if you want? 😉

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Ah cool cheers was think it was the LT version, still a great bike though I’m sure , weight I’m guessing around 24 lbs ish maybe?

I’d defo want the long travel one if was going down the lt route, glad to hear it holds up at the peaks ok too

Such nice looking bikes the latest santa cruz

twoniner
    Free Member

Oh go on then, heres a couple. I was quite a cynic about all the hype the mags gave the Tallboys until I took one for a spin. It is the best bike I’ve owned.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

how you getting on with the height of the front end?

considered swapping my external lower headset for a ZS version,

twoniner
    Free Member

I get on fine with it. The forks are TALAS but never need to drop them to climb. In the pics it does look high but it fit’s really well.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

32s or 34s? although im only 5’6″ so quite small to be on a 29er,

the only time it feels high is when climbing as ive got not much “pull” on the bars if that makes sense?

twoniner
    Free Member

34’s. I’m a meduim on any other bike but a large on this at 5’10”

singlespeedstu

Here’s my TB LTc hanging around in the Alps.

29gnar by multispeedstu, on Flickr

It’ll also be coming to Italy with me shortly.

twoniner
    Free Member

Drop off that went wrong? 😀

camerone
    Free Member

I am giving up it’s clearly impossible to upload from an ipad!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Here’s mine resting between trails in Sierra Nevada

camerone
    Free Member

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a VPP bike from the non-driveside before. I know this is a Santa Cruz fanboi thread, but dare I say I think they look a bit odd?? It’s like the rear triangle has slipped down the seat tube 😀

Otherwise they do look pretty nice

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a VPP bike from the non-driveside before. I know this is a Santa Cruz fanboi thread, but dare I say I think they look a bit odd?? It’s like the rear triangle has slipped down the seat tube

Otherwise they do look pretty nice

but look at all the goodness when in action! 😀

twoniner
    Free Member

That was exciting 😆

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

some nice tallboys there, never really considered a alloy one TBH, but a fair bit cheaper too!

can’t believe nobodys got a bronson yet though? they’ve been out a couple of months now im sure

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I imagine those who can afford to buy a nicely spec’d Bronson are too busy to be posting on STW 😉

Been out much Dave?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hi mate, yep been getting out loads really, probably riding more than ever in the last few months (due to a good summer i guess)

i would have thought those who had a bronson, would be too busy driving their nice audi’s around and taking photos of the bike rather than riding it, then by the time they decide to get out, they decide its too muddy out to go and get it dirty? no?? 😉

how about you bud, out much?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I know Solo availability ( or 5010 as it’s now called I believe) hasn’t been great.
    We’re waiting for several for customers that have been on back order for months!
    Having said that, some SHOULD be arriving this week 😉

GolfChick
    Free Member

I find that quite amusing seeing that I both ride a bronson and drive an audi…. such a shame Im female and therefore just about miss the male cliche 😆

_tom_
    Free Member

GolfChick that looks bluddy awesome!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve been out quite a bit recently. I’ve been loving my mountain biking so much my road bike hasn’t been out for a month!

I had an ace ride around Gradbach the other week. Superb weather and some *ahem* cheekiness made for a fantastic morning out. I’m getting my confidence back now and LOVING the Bandit. Should be out tomorrow and/or Thursday night and hopefully Sunday morning too. Can’t wait

tomhoward

I’ll be building a Solo C (5010 🙁 ) in the new year. This thread is not helping my patience…

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Show Me Your Santa Cruz – Tallboy LTc , Solo C or Bronson C please’ is closed to new replies.