Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Show me your Orange Five's !
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Going to move from freeride/ downhill to cross country and all mountain.

Really liking the idea of n Orange bike, I have always liked the look of them and loved reading their reviews!

Looking at getting a five and using the online upgrades on the orange website for tweaks on the base model.

So what have you got and what do you think?

davo
    Free Member

you must be the only one on here thats never seen a orange five! most people on here have at least 2 that they talk about all the time and never ride!

curvature
    Free Member

I got mine last July.

It is a Five Pro with the following upgrades

Floating Discs
    Tubeless Conversion
    Syncros Carbon Bars
    Reverb Post
    1×10 drivetrain with XT mech, cassette, gold conex chain and XTR shifter
    Selle Italia carbon and titanium saddle (summer use)

In my opinion it is a real do it all bike – climbs as well as my Orange Elite hardtail but descends so much quicker.

chainslapp
    Free Member

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

Chainslap- I bet you do plenty masterbating when your mum and dads out shopping don’t you?

munrobiker
    Free Member

1st ride on it yesterday.

Spec is XT 10 speed, new XT brakes, Hope/Stans wheels, Lyrik U-turn fork, Reverb post and Pro Vanderham cockpit.

First impressions were that there are bikes of similar travel that climb better but compared to what it replaced (Ellsworth Moment with 160mm travel) it’s more nimble, just as capable, the slacker headangle means it’s quicker over the same stuff and makes up for the 20mm travel and the lower BB means it’s less ponderous. Not massively better but better enough to make me think it’s worth it.

It’s going to be my “Big Mountains” bike.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Syntax problem chainslapp?

skywalker
    Free Member

Chainslap- I bet you do plenty masterbating when your mum and dads out shopping don’t you?

😆

chainslapp
    Free Member

No problems here, just a sense of humour bypass with some of you!! 😀

ton

please no, please no more orange’s………please make the orange love stop……….. 😉

Matt24k
    Free Member

As if there aren’t enough Five pictures on the web but you asked and I’m bored.
    [/url][/img]
    This is my 2011 Five in winter spec built up from a frame so some different parts used to an off the peg model.
    Revelation Race Air U Turn 120-150 20mm Maxle
    Reverb Dropper
    RP23 2011
    Hope headset
    Hope Ceramic BB
    Hope Pro 2 hubs with Mavic XM719 rims
    Rear hub has 10mm axle caps with Superstar 10mm QR
    Bontrager Mud X tyres F2.00 R1.8
    LX Chain set with XT inner ring and Middleburn ally middle ring
    XT front and rear mech
    SRAM Attack Grip Shifters
    Hayes HFX9 brakes 7 inch front 6 inch rear
    FSA 70mm stem
    FSA Gravity Light Riser bars cut to 700mm
    Madison Flux Saddle

tazzymtb

boring bike for dull wanabe pseudo stormtroopers with all the riding ability of sickly kitten.

Usually seen being ridden by red faced biffers at trail centers very slowly 😆

nmdbase
    Free Member

^

cardo

2010 Pro spec.
    MAXLE swingarm
    HOPE V2 front brake X2 rear brake with 183 floating rotors
    HOPE Bottom Bracket,headset
    SLX 36/22 double ring and bash with Blackspire Stinger
    XT 9 speed
    Sunline 711 bars
    Thompson 80mm stem
    Superstar pedals

Brilliant bike, easy to maintain and ride. I’ve ridden it in the Alps, local XC and even the Kielder 100. Couldn’t recommend one enough!

skywalker
    Free Member

boring bike for dull wanabe pseudo stormtroopers with all the riding ability of sickly kitten.

Usually seen being ridden by red faced biffers at trail centers very slowly

Excellent description of a Fat Bike rider, you fit the bill well.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Matt24k what makes them shit guards on ure 5 where are they from & how much chief ?

ton

cheif? orange’s?…………… 😥

tazzymtb

Fat Bike rider, you fit the bill well.

😆

xx

EDIT: nmdbase- how many goes did it take to get your chubby little fingers mashing a keyboard to find that image 😛

nmdbase
    Free Member

Just one 🙂

timc
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member

Usually seen being ridden by red faced biffers at trail centers very slowly

terrahawk
    Free Member

I like them. I don’t own one, but I’d like to.

totalshell

”boring bike for dull wanabe pseudo stormtroopers with all the riding ability of sickly kitten.

Usually seen being ridden by red faced biffers at trail centers very slowly”

clearly you forgot to mention overweight middle aged skoda driver who wears cords and always going on about how good he used to be, and whose belly sticks out further than his d**k do..

otherwise i think you ve described me pretty well..

as for my 5 its due for a ride in the alps in June as a change from its MTL/PBW lappery no photos as its tucked up warm in the centrally heated garage ..

pugster007
    Free Member

Orange 5 by pugster006, on Flickr

whitleyjohn20
    Free Member

Got a five in November after a break from biking. Get one, they are great!

dirtydog
    Free Member

dirtydog
    Free Member

Matt24k
    Free Member

reedspeed

“Matt24k what makes them shit guards on ure 5 where are they from & how much chief ?”

I’ll assume that you are talking about the rear mudguard. It is a standard Crud Catcher with the mounting arm cut in half. I then screwed in a 5 inch high ally plate to lift the musdguard section high enough to clear the tyre and the plate keeps the mud away from my dropper post. Cost me about half and hour with a hack saw and a drill.

[/url][/img]

Since found that a Topeak Defender M2 fits fine with the dropper and looks a bit less of a bodge up!
    http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/topeak-defender-m2-item112456.html

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Orange Five's !’ is closed to new replies.