Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Show me your Commencal Meta 5's
  • hora
    Free Member

Unless they’ve all snapped 😆 😯

Mid-build on my 2011 Team model 8)

DrP

Long XC ride

Old frame, in the Alps

Let’s see your then!

DrP

hora
    Free Member

Will do tonight- thanks to Kinger from here for supplying a RP23 Kashima shock. Although….the forks will be 05 Z1 FR’s.

Do you have to route the rear gear cable through the swingarm? I was going to run into externally/zipped.

weeksy

Racing in Swinley forest at a Gorrick event

hora
    Free Member

Weeksy – what chain guide do you use?

binners

Hora – don’t forget to cover the new frame, once you’ve attached all your old nackered components to it, in duct tape, and bits of old inner tube, then take it out and cover it in shite, before you take the photos

weeksy

Hmmmmm

Off the Top of my head it was an old E13 SRS i bought from Real Cycles in Ireland who were then the main suppliers for Commencal in the UK. I think it was that anyway… I liked it, although apparently it was a bit of a bugger for my LBS to setup as i was less skilled mechanically with bikes back then, this was about 2011 i think, it was a replacement for my 2 snapped Super4’s.

Bregante

Hora – don’t forget to cover the new frame, once you’ve attached all your old nackered components to it, in duct tape, and bits of old inner tube, then take it out and cover it in shite, before you take the for sale photos

FIFY 😉

hora
    Free Member

Err binners- you should apply the same methodology before you go on a night out.

Heres what I did: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30625376@N06/?deleted=8546203432

lamo
    Free Member

that frames mine now so stop showing pics of it 😉

hora
    Free Member

It was picked up today- the Hope race is taped to the box securely (as I forgot to take it off the forks until the box had been taped up! The rest of the headset is taped inside. Rag it to an inch of its life- I’m going to keep a lookout for a 16″ c456 as it rode very well 🙂

Toasty

Totally regret selling it, could care less about my old Enduro, Mojo, Zaskar, FSR XC etc. This one I should have kept tho! 😥 Lovely bikes!

It’ll probably feel rubbish and squishy for the first hour or so, give it some time!

fazanders
    Free Member

As new

And then just after warranty ran out!!

Joy of carbon wear on the pivot point!

All said and done they are fab bikes, now running an Meta AM 😉

hora
    Free Member

I’ve ziptied the full length outer to the swing arm. Hmmm will sort out new outer/inner thread through post weekend

DrP

Poke it through properly Hora!
    Use a bit of cotton or string and a vacuum cleaner to suck it through, then tape the INNER to the thread and pull through….

DrP

passtherizla
    Free Member

2011 Team.[/url]
    IMG_1899 by passtherizla, on Flickr[/img]

hora
    Free Member

Use a bit of cotton or string and a vacuum cleaner to suck it through, then tape the INNER to the thread and pull through….

A better/quicker method is to use a Clarks gear cable- I did this on a Orange five. Took 10seconds- and you can still thread the outer over it

renton
    Free Member

laughing quite loudly in the office at binners post !!!

scruff
    Free Member

Liked mine but couldnt get on with the slacker seat angle so sold it. Great in T’Alps though.

hora
    Free Member

I must admit- they do look like they are being blown in a gale!

stompweaver

My trusty steed. I love it 🙂 Great bike everywhere including a trip to the Alps. I have test ridden a few new bikes since owning it and nothing is any better for the riding I do. I’ll be keeping until it breaks in half which given their reputation and another trip to the Alps this summer will probably be sooner rather than later! 😉

In CYB with it’s identical twin:

iain1775
    Free Member

the old 2008 Meta 5.1 (now sold)

Its replacement AM Factory build at Penmachno

and in acton at Antur –

I’ve also another Commie – a titanium Flame hardtail

robowns
    Free Member

Those meta AMs are one of the nicest looking bikes out there

hora
    Free Member

Just waiting for some bits n bobs

Binners will also note I’ve kept the use of colour-coded electricians tape down to a tasteful amount…

fazanders
    Free Member

This is my replacement to my broken Meta

Thankfully I could bring across quite a lot of the components and slap them on to this one so it didn’t hurt the bank quite as much!

iain1775
    Free Member

Nice that Hora. Not seen that colourway before

hora
    Free Member

I think I went OT on the innertube-wrap- the black Commencal decal on the swingarm is quite nice.

fazanders – is that what I can get if I break my Meta 5? :mrgreen:

fazanders
    Free Member

fazanders – is that what I can get if I break my Meta 5?

Almost makes it worth breaking the Meta 5 😆

tommo999
    Free Member

Here’s mine from a few years back. Its now had some upgrades, but it’s still in one piece even if it does creak a bit!!

stcolin
    Free Member

Not sure how to link directly from PB….

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8493518/

Started life as a 2009 Meta 553, now the only thing that remains is the seat post! Frame replaced under warranty 2 years ago, and everything else has been changed/upgraded. Love how it rides, creaks, and generally handles much more than I can.

Popocatapetl

I think you should get a MEta AM instead 😀
    Will it be ready for Saturdays Jacobs run??

hora
    Free Member

It’ll be cobbled-together worsecase.

rtc3000m
    Free Member

Sadly i have sold it now

Popocatapetl

Popocatapetl

Double post

sv

st colin ^^^

spacehopper

Mine..

now has a Marzocchi Roco Lo rear shock on it..

and a KS Lev seatpost.. (or at least it will when i build it back up again next week!)

hora
    Free Member

*prints spacehopper’s off and disapears off to christen the pic*

DrP

Hora – yours is a large frame… The small and med have the shock mount next to the top tube, the large/XL have it separate, like yours…

DrP

Slogo
    Free Member

Its a meta.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Commencal Meta 5's’ is closed to new replies.