Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Show me your Christmas tree photos.
  • Bunnyhop

Or any decorations. Even those really over the top ones that your neighbour may have in their garden.

Our tree is going up tonight, am quite excited really.

For all you ‘Bah humbug’ types – no it’s not too early and go away and read another tread 😉

jota180
    Free Member

I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks time

wwaswas

*wanders off to read another thread*

ton

big lovely silver one in the victoria arcade in Leeds today. i almost took a pic of it.

yunki
    Free Member

Bunnyhop

Why have you got 2 tellys within a couple of feet of each other (if it’s really your tree) yunki?

yunki
    Free Member

the ‘telly’ in the bottom right hand corner of the pic is the top left hand corner of a vivarium..

we only have a small old fashioned telly cos we is povvos

Bunnyhop

Had to look up the word vivarium.

Yep our telly is same, small and old fashioned but does the job.

GolfChick
    Free Member

nickjb
    Free Member

Haven’t bought ours yet. Here’s someone elses..

DrT
    Free Member

Thats my tree in the background :), you probably recognise the fella in the foreground.

121203 – 460 – Hello Santa by D(i)rT, on Flickr

MartynS

small and old fashioned but does the job.

Is that the tv or the husband??

postierich
    Free Member

Just up hope it lasts as the wood burner kicks out some heat!

DSCF2405[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Bunnyhop

Is that the tv or the husband??

Hee hee, husband of course.

postierich – lovely woodburner.
    Your tree will last longer if you water it. Infact you should water real trees anyway.

postierich
    Free Member

Its stuck in a lump of wood how do I water the thing?

KonaTC

Not for another 8 days, its a tradition them there 12 days of Christmas

rOcKeTdOg

tonight’s ride was “enhanced” by this http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocketdog/8245753020/in/photostream

Northwind

Kona TC – Member

its a tradition them there 12 days of Christmas

Traditionally them there 12 days of christmas are after, not before 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Our first ever tree ….. was bought as a 6 footer but by the time id cut off the foot of just stump at the bottom we were left with this….. must excuse the decoration of the hall – thats the bare plaster. Im in the middle of rewiring and plastering the hall 😀

also picked up this tree decoration in REI today

Its santa on a mountain bike with his presents strapped to the rear rack 😀

Alphabet

Anyone had any luck buying a tree with roots and then planting it in the garden afterwards? Would the root ball be massive?

I_Ache
    Free Member

This is ours for this year. I didn’t realise quite how large it was when I bought it. Turns out that its pushing 9ft. Oops. 😳

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Got a nordman from idea today, 25 quid, and they’re giving you a 20 quid voucher for use in February. Result.

Bunnyhop

postierich – Member

Its stuck in a lump of wood how do I water the thing? I’m guessing you’ll have to cut the stump off and place the trunk into a container that holds water.

Alphabet I tried to plant one a few years ago. Was unsuccessful. I think ‘oldslowgit’ from here knows a bit about trees.

Northwind

Alphabet – Member

Anyone had any luck buying a tree with roots and then planting it in the garden afterwards? Would the root ball be massive?

We used to do this most years, but without much success- one of them survived for about 6 months then died, one is still growing 20 years on though, the rest karked it pretty quickly. Apparently the root is still cut pretty short, and keeping them in the house isn’t too good for them either.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ll nip out in the morning and get a pic of ours from a couple of years back..
    I didn’t think that it stood a chance cos our soil is thick red clay, but I stuck it in a hole, filled it in with compost and it’s thrived.. it lives about 2 feet from our open bottom compost bin though, so I guess that may have helped it’s survival rate a bit..

RustySpanner

Alphabet – Member

If you get one that’s been grown in the pot, you’ll have better luck.
    Won’t have had the roots chopped down to fit.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

We had one in a pot about 35 years ago with fairy lights and tinsel. Come January, we planted it out near where I built the Pool Hoose. It must be sixty feet high now.

Its behind the long ladder.

Rorschach
    Free Member

5,4,3,2……..1

Bunnyhop

Our Christmas trees aren’t real, which is a shame.

bruneep

Its stuck in a lump of wood how do I water the thing?

with water? 🙄

MountainMutant
    Free Member
    takisawa2

I might steal this one, from our shopping precint…

IMAG1255 by pten2106, on Flickr

JoeG
    Free Member

I have one of these

But it is still in the box. And it will probably stay there…

I_Ache
    Free Member

We have ours in a reservoir stand. It has been up 4 days and has already drunk about 2L of water. They don’t usually need so much water but because it was grown in Wales and it has been pretty wet this year they need more water than normal. Watering them usually means they stay looking better for longer. I also cut some of the bark off around the stump so the tree could absorb more.

Alphabet

Thanks for the replies about planting one after Christmas. It sounds like I’ll be lucky to have it survive but I’ll probably give it a go if I can find one grown in a pot.

irelanst
    Free Member

Here’s ours, it went up at the weekend;

and the mantlepiece;

samuri
    Free Member

Right, can you all pull these trees down please..
    There are rules about Christmas trees.

12 days of christmas. there’s even a song about it.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Do one Grinch. If I’m going to spend £40 on a tree I am going to make the most of it!

samuri
    Free Member

Don’t be surprised if the christmas police come round then.

yunki
    Free Member

from wiki:

The commercial calendar has encouraged an erroneous assumption that the Twelve Days end on Christmas Day and must therefore begin on 14 December

we go by the advent calender in our house..

My mum reckons that when we were kids, we had no tree or decs or anything until after we went to bed on Xmas eve, then tree, lights, presents and everything would appear overnight as if by magic..
    Thereby truly adhering to the tradition of the 12 days of Christmas..

I don’t remember it like that but who am I to argue..?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Christmas tree photos.’ is closed to new replies.