Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Show and Tell – Cotic BFe
  • Filthy
    Free Member

What do you think of your BFe, re-read the singletrack article last night and they look quite interesting. Is it as harsh as a chameleon when seated? Are you happy with it? Pics would be a bonus.

Anyone selling a large frame?

Filthy
    Free Member

Where’s all the BFe riders then, out shredding some gnarly trails?

kelvin

There aren’t many.

And Cotic have sold out of the few they made.

Good lucking finding someone to part with theirs!

kelvin

Some photos here to annoy you Flithy:

http://robbierickman.blogspot.com/search/label/BFe

2tyred

here’s mine – not the best picture in the world, but the only one i’ve got to hand.

I’ve never ridden a Chameleon, so can’t compare. Doesn’t feel harsh at all to me, quite happy as an all day bike. I love mine, you can attack everything on it and it just feels great fun to ride. Front’s a bit wandery on steep seated climbs, but its a big fork and a short stem i’ve got on it, so no surprise. Didn’t buy it for climbing though!

Whaddya wanna know?

darrell
    Free Member

just finished building one up….piccies coming soon

allthegearandnoidea
    Free Member

I got one off here about a month ago. Changed from a stiffee. Had a couple of rides on it. Rode the Brechfa red on it. I can definately say it beat me up less than the stiffee, felt much less ‘abused’ by it, so probably more forgiving than a cham. It is long and climbs well too.

I couldn’t work it out at first how to ride it. But once you work out how to pin the front in is the fastest I’ve ever descended the red run…is a sublime ride! It’s proper long and stable, which I didnt like at first coming from a cove, but when you learn how to work it, it is fast and fun. Also flies pretty good 🙂

All in all I love it and can’t wait to take it to Gethin downhill track. Is the perfect bike for me, climbs, descends, is strong and doesn’t weigh as much as a jump bike.

richc
    Free Member

Any idea how wet Gethin is at the moment?

Filthy
    Free Member

Whaddya wanna know?

Well I was looking at a hemlock/orange blood but after riding the blood then getting back on my hardtail I thought I might put the full sus idea on hold at least till after I test the hemlock in april. I’ve got a DJ frame (comical max max) but its far to small to be riding anywhere other than the skate park/bmx track so I thought I’d get a BFe and swap most of the bits over, I’ve got pikes that can go back up to 140 travel with the spacer taken out, is anyone running pikes on their BFe’s, whats it like?

Also wondering if Cotic will be building anymore big ones and when they will be landing?

2tyred

Pretty sure most of the ones i’ve seen on here are running Pikes.

I’ve only seen one in the wild, looked like Manitou shermans but didn’t stop to look closer.

Mine are 2yo marz AM-SL1s, they’re 120-160. Most of the time I’ve got them dialled most of the way out. I don’t get much more scientific about it than that!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Cant remember who off here bought mine, but i loved it. Used it for everything for 8 months or so. Very long and stable, too long in fact, which is why i got rid of it. For downhill duties it excels, but i felt for singletrack and climbing (the majority of my riding), my Pace 303 worked better. The BFe was never flickable, struggled to manual it etc. Maybe my fault for getting the Large frame, when i was on the cusp of small sizing. And my jump bike is a lot lighter.

speaker2animals

There were a couple on E-bay last week. A frame and a built bike if I remember.

SenorDrew
    Free Member

Now with 09 Lyriks plus a few other bits as its an old pic. I love it has done everything I have wanted it to do so far…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Show and Tell – Cotic BFe’ is closed to new replies.