Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 293 total)
  • Should we have a special tag for "The Big Hitters"?
  • Coyote
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Barnsley mitch – its all about your point of view – the posts I find patronising and offensive you will not.

I thought I had made it clear I was trolling at least in part but I find ALL religious views contemptible, ridiculous and offensive. If you express them you will find the piss taken from you.

I think there is no place for religion in the 21st century. The whole practice of religion is absolutely abhorrent to me. So keep quiet about it or face the ridicule

Yup, that’s tolerance right there. If your views differ from mine I will ridicule you till you shut up.

philconsequence
    Free Member

😯

*changes opinion on TJ for the worse*

🙁

binners

This thread has just turned into a piece of ironic, post-modern genius….

Hasn’t it? Please tell me it has. This is a knowing, and willfully self-parodying ironic send up, isn’t it?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Oh dear! I guess that squeaking sound is the noise of someone being hoist by their own petard…

Stoner
    Free Member

I can almost hear the fat lady warming up for teh Edinburgh defence aria…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

A pair of urine-filled SPDs?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wowsers..

TJ in a belligerent mood..

“shocked”

Not.

“shrugs”

clubber
    Free Member

To be fair to TJ…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/jesus-christ/page/2#post-1861927

I’ll agree that it’s not a very nice post and unsuprisingly it does show him to be intolerant of other views but read the thread as it goes on and IMO, it makes TJ’s position clearer and rather more akin to the position taken in any kind of political debate by many who’ll no doubt line up with the lynch mob at this point – eg if you don’t agree with my view on X then you are scum/stupid/etc – eg lazy demonising of people.

In summary, it’s poor behaviour but no worse than the usual pathetic name calling that goes on in most of the politial threads. That intolerance is what drags the forum down and for me at least is what the ‘big hitters’ thing is all about.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I can almost hear the fat lady warming up for teh Edinburgh defence aria…

I still have to work here you know! A little warning before such gems would be most appreciated. 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It’s all gone quiet over there…

mcboo
    Free Member

Tandemjermey wrote

I often admit to error and that other points of view have validity

This. I shouldnt bite but I do. Lately more than is healthy.

titusrider
    Free Member

I think TJ has gone quiet because he was a bit winded after being pushed off his high horse by coyote up there.

i hope he stays off it ( along with the rest of you)

timc
    Free Member

BOOM… coyote lands a massive right, its all over, KO in the 4th

rogg
    Free Member

It’s this, isn’t it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

nowt wrong with TJs view on religion- have you seen what Whoppit writes? Should we just let the religious preach an intolerant messages about gays, condom use etc and yet we cant say your invisible sky fairy account is a load of nonesense and then mock them.
    Might have worded a bit nicer tbh

mcboo
    Free Member

Should we just let the religious preach an intolerant messages about gays, condom use etc

I dont remember seeing any of that on STW.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I also have no issue with Atheism despite being a Christian. I don’t mind that Woppit and TJ’s dislike some Christian doctrine – heck, I don’t like some of it myself.

It’s their vocal intolerance, the patronising and strident insults that bother me. BTW. GW is exactly the same on the topic of bikes and riding 🙂 Big-hitter syndrome.

I think these people imagine they hold some sort of moral high-ground on certain topics and that this excuses their terrible forum manners. I don’t feel the need to ram my ideology down people’s throats or insult the intelligence of people I disagree with; neither should they.

mcboo
    Free Member

+1 and well said buzz. The only zealots on here happen to be athiests.

I hope for my own sake that isnt a trend.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    What I don’t get is the need to ridicule that some folk seem to have. why the urge to put others down al the time?

Its a nasty attitude that I don’t understand the motivation for.

hopefully there is a mirror on your christmas present list 🙂

I think there is no place for religion in the 21st century. The whole practice of religion is absolutely abhorrent to me. So keep quiet about it or face the ridicule

oops…. no presents then 😉

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

This is great..! It’s like a little sanctity of peace and reasonableness in this thread now.

:wonders:

😯 Is this what the forum could actually be like, without the so-called bigsh*tters fouling the place up? 😯

vinnyeh

Reading onto this page I feel like I’ve moved into the eye of the hurricane. All round the storm is gathering fury..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hello – been out riding my bike. Nice bit of old school riding

So much said about me that is wrong. Some of you really need to hold that mirror up to yourselves. The amount of vitriol directed my way is not funny and as for “ramming ideology down the throat” – there are far worse than me at this.

I think these people imagine they hold some sort of moral high-ground on certain topics

ridiculous – I have opinions I hold – I expect them to be given no more validity that anyone else.

Really – there is a very nasty spiteful and sad tendency on here that does far more damage to the forum than a bit of dogmatic arguing.

As for insult – I get far more thrown my way that I ever dish out.

really you guys – what a nasty sad bunch some of you are.

Stoner
    Free Member

oh go do a flounce you self-absorbed ball of sock fluff.

philconsequence
    Free Member

TJ – i wouldn’t exactly class myself as somebody on this forum who argues or insults you… usually quite like your input on certain threads (apart from the threads i avoid)

but…

I thought I had made it clear I was trolling at least in part but I find ALL religious views contemptible, ridiculous and offensive. If you express them you will find the piss taken from you.

have you considered users on here might find your judgement of people on here abhorrent… and in the same way your post that’s been quoted suggests you think its ok to mock people with different beliefs to you, they think its ok to mock you?

just a thought…

mcboo
    Free Member

Cougar

I struggle with long sentences

Could someone give me a summary of the story so far please?

Torminalis
    Free Member

Big hitters dispute the existence of big hitters, ironically proving their existence through relentless tenacious defense of their denial.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lots of bored lonely frustrated insecure people spouting off about nothing of any real consequence, tbh Cougar.

Like, you din’t already know that anyway. 😆

mcboo
    Free Member

camo16
    Free Member

Cougar

Is her last name Taylor?

Like, you din’t already know that anyway.

I thought we might’ve broke with tradition. Silly me.

(-:

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Phil – there is context to that statement – I think clubber mentioned it and IIRC also an apology from me at some point for it.

Just have a look at the unpleasant vitriol directed my way – several examples on this thread.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blinkin ek, this thread looks a bit like the “down stairsers” are fighting the “upstairsers” or some sort of rebellion in the underclass’s..

Witty, funny, pitch forks at sundown, phah..

I promote a white flag of peace, group hugs, forgiveness and acceptance.

Methinkie they’ve got the hint now.

philconsequence
    Free Member

People don’t remember the apologies TJ, people remember the feeling of being told what to think and that they’re wrong.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Have we decided on the special tag yet?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Came across this picture earlier – for some reason it made me think of the attempts to battle TJ on this thread…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Truth is though, some people on here need to be told what to think, as their own ideas are rubbish, and if they’re told they are wrong, it’s probbly cos they actually are. 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*watches the Big Hitters at play like Attenborough watches the Walruses*

This is all great stuff, when am I going to catch you guys mating?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    nowt wrong with TJs view on religion- have you seen what Whoppit writes?

What about it?

wwaswas

Have we decided on the special tag yet?

it’s a link to this thread, I think.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 293 total)

The topic ‘Should we have a special tag for "The Big Hitters"?’ is closed to new replies.