Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 293 total)
  • Should we have a special tag for "The Big Hitters"?
  • nonk
    Free Member

Phil – there is context to that statement

dont really think that matters to be honest tj those are the words of a bully ..

not just phil bothered by that mate lots and lots of people read this forum and never post.
    shocking attitude from the master of the moral high ground.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nonk – not a bully at all – far from it. The context does make a difference as clubber pointed out.

I will happily apologise again for any offence caused its a clearly over the top statement. so to anyone offended by that – sorry.

clowntroll
    Free Member

One of these instead of the P for Permier

MrWoppit
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Nonk – not a bully at all – far from it. The context does make a difference as clubber pointed out.

The Fat Lady Sings…

maccruiskeen

Junkyard – Member
    nowt wrong with TJs view on religion- have you seen what Whoppit writes?

Mr Woppit – Member
    What about it?

Something about bombs 😆

wwaswas

clowntroll – you joined just to post that?

Could you not have found a clown giving the finger(s)?

nonk
    Free Member

an apology is for sure the best response to that to be fair.

flange
    Free Member

Context? Ha, don’t make me laugh. Like the time you misquoted me about Anal rape and continued to do so even though I pointed out you hadn’t read my post properly…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Clowntroll – you do know that won’t count towards keeping your place in the BigS Hit parade?

clowntroll
    Free Member

Could not find a clown or troll.

I want to grow up to be a big hitting d1ck stick so need to start upping my posts now

nonk
    Free Member

oh lordy 😯

binners

The fact that this thread has become an apparent irony-vacuum is absolutely brilliant!

You genuinely couldn’t make it up 😆

wwaswas

you didn’t look hard 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

orobrous binners?

nonk
    Free Member

binners i called it at the start it just had to. 😆

maccruiskeen

irony-vacuum

for simultaneously pressing your carpets and hoovering your shirts? I hope you’ve applied for a patent.

clowntroll
    Free Member

Very good wwaswas, you outside my cave taking photos of me?

Unfortuantely it wont fit next to the usernames so is no good as a special tag for our big hitting heros of webland

EDIT: wwaswas – even better edit

uplink
    Free Member

Something small and meaningful perhaps?

clowntroll
    Free Member

Good work Uplink, thread is getting back on track now.

MrSmith
    Free Member

can this be classed as a ‘TJ-thread’ yet? or is that officially 6 pages?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

nowt wrong with TJs view on religion- have you seen what Whoppit writes?

What about it?

Well, a lot of what you have to say about religion is pretty inflamatory, ignorant, bigoted and hateful, Woppit. You can hardly argue that you are a ‘moderate’ in that respect now, can you? 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’d be grateful if you can find an example of that.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

PS: You’d be the first to respond to that request with actual evidence…

clubber
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

I will happily apologise again for any offence caused its a clearly over the top statement. so to anyone offended by that – sorry.

TJ – I didn’t defend your statement at all. I don’t think that context makes it defendable or makes a difference either. Quite the opposite. You’ve misunderstood or misread my post.

I think it shows exactly the sort of posts that bring things down here and put people off posting. That you think it’s a defense to say that other people say worse is very sad.

What I did point out was that I’ve seen others amongst the usual suspect post stuff that’s just as bad and equally nasty, spiteful and plain stupid on the usual here-we-go-again threads so that they should maybe sit on the naughty step for a second and think about it before trying to use it as an opportunity to attack you. He without sin and all that…

My post, for reference:

To be fair to TJ…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/jesus-christ/page/2#post-1861927

I’ll agree that it’s not a very nice post and unsuprisingly it does show him to be intolerant of other views but read the thread as it goes on and IMO, it makes TJ’s position clearer and rather more akin to the position taken in any kind of political debate by many who’ll no doubt line up with the lynch mob at this point – eg if you don’t agree with my view on X then you are scum/stupid/etc – eg lazy demonising of people.

In summary, it’s poor behaviour but no worse than the usual pathetic name calling that goes on in most of the politial threads. That intolerance is what drags the forum down and for me at least is what the ‘big hitters’ thing is all about.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We need to bring in a meadiator, someone with a bit of clout, someone with vision and clarity. I propose this fella, he’s done a bit..

Otherwise we’re gonna end up bitching and backposting and infighting forevalike..

For sure heated debates good, healthy, enlightening, nay mind changing, but it looks like the underslasses are now picking on the upperclasses..

Not healthy that

wwaswas

It’s ok, I’ve spoken to Sepp Blatter and he says we haven’t got a problem.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

clubber – I didn’t say you defended it and I don’t think you did – I said that you had pointed out the context makes a difference. (which may not have been the best choice of words) Not the same thing.

I should have quoted your post but yo now have

wwaswas

TJ there is no ‘context’ which makes what you said ok.

you’ve been prepared to offer an apology (which usually means contrition and an understanding that what was done was wrong) but now you’re defending it again?

scruff
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am not defending it, I did not say the context makes it OK. However if seen in context its easier to gain a fuller undertanding.

I meant the apology

Is there nothing I can say without people reading their own interpretations into it and telling me I have said something I have not?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

And with that TeeJ… walk away. 8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

yessir

cynic-al
    Free Member

*cracks knuckles*…I think I brought the “Big Hitter” concept to stw – just for a laugh (as ever) – and I hope it has helped bring humour and clarity to the behaviour of posters (myself included).

Blimey…TJ in “taking over the thread without meaning to” SHOCKER!!!!

TandemJeremy – Member
    Personally – I think the whole “big hitters” thing terribly sad. Why someone (cynic al? ) felt it necessary to start this and why others think it pertinent escapes me. Whats it all about? feelings of inadequacy? I don’t get it – especially when its most often used by prolific trolls / posters

What’s wrong with me introducing the term? It was purely for laughs, like most of what I say on here. What others do with it, or how difficult you find that, is not my fault/resonsibility.

TandemJeremy – Member
    No ironic smile – I do not behave like this, I find the motivation of those that do incomprehensible especially when the term is often used by prolific and argumentative posters

I know I argue a lot, I know I infuriate sometimes and I do sometimes insult folk in retaliation.

I do not have this need to go around putting people down in such a childish manner

You may mean this but can you see how the underlined statements go against it?

Many folk take the **** – me more than many – it’s gonna happen online, we’re not being serious, if you choose to take it all so seriously, then just deal with it and don’t blame us.

Elfinsafety – Member

THREAD CLOSED.

POSTED 17 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

LOL – that’s the ultimate big-hitter self-pwnage right there

cynic-al
    Free Member

oh he won’t see that cos of his killfile will he?

No matter…

druidh
    Free Member

Welcome back Al. This thread needs you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I did open the post knowing what I would find

Al on telling yourself its only in fun – we all know better. you are the single most unpleasant person on here. You set out to humiliate, upset and generally wind up people – me amongst others. Yo are widely disliked for it.

STW towers have banned you several times for the “fun” you have being nasty sptiteful and vindictive. I think that says a lot.

Woody
    Free Member

The irony meter just atomised itself 😆

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Now for more pressing matters- Can anyone lend me a Mint Sauce keyring for a few days?

Pigface
    Free Member

Abandon thread women and rational people first.

Woody
    Free Member

Abandon thread women and rational people first.

Sexist

*inferring that women aren’t rational*

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 293 total)

The topic ‘Should we have a special tag for "The Big Hitters"?’ is closed to new replies.