Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Should the Great Day come….?
  • speaker2animals

I’m a little bit unhappy about going off premature but does anyone know if there are any plans for a welcome home should a certain rider and team return to the UK on Monday in possession of a certain garment? Asking now cos of trying to get to such an event.

I suspect there won’t be cos a significant part of the team will have the next item of business on their minds as it will be less than a handful of days to the Olympics.

Anyone heard owt?

crikey
    Free Member

If they have any financial sense, they’ll be doing post-Tour Criteriums and using a wheelbarrow to take the money back to the hotel…

unklehomered
    Free Member

Well I’m sure it will be the usual street party in honour of successful national sports teams, with the same rough routine and gear they use when other teams go out and bring glory bock to our shores such as…

oh…

No i doubt the national psyche will actually have the slightest idea what to do…

atlaz
    Free Member

Well personally I hope they just get on with the Criteriums. The one here might well be missing the Schlecks but hopefully they get some of the Sky lot.

qwerty
    Free Member

I could be wrong but I think the plan for Cav is straight back to UK for Olympic prep, i’d guess Wiggo might have to do similar. Their plan seems to have been for Cav to help Wiggo in TdF and then for Wiggo to help Cav in Olympics, so they’d only be halfway through their master plan. I reckon a quick whooopee for the press then back to business until after the Olympics.

speaker2animals

Yes I agree that probably too much interest/investment in the Olympics. In a way a post Olympic celebration would suit better ie in sorting out getting to wherever. I just would like to celebrate a (possible) piece of cycling history having been made and don’t want it to be lumped in with whatever happens at the Olympics.

Ah well I suppose the papers will suddenly discover cycling if the event happens and no doubt there will be “Commemorative” publications to spend money on.Would just have liked a presentation like Cuddles got in Oz last year.

Still fingers crossed for a Lotto win tonight to pay for a trip to see the TT on Sat. Not really bothered about Paris it will be a mad house no doubt.

jonba
    Free Member

Heads down for the Olympics I would guess, maybe a glass of champagne.

Wiggins is doing the TT isn’t he and he is almost certainly going to bury himself to Cav to the line in the road race which will pretty much be another timetrial for him.

Edric64
    Free Member

The Sun has cut out Wiggo sideburns in it today .So cycling must be mainstream

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Should the Great Day come….?’ is closed to new replies.