Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Should replace my helmet?
  • snapperdan
    Free Member

It’s been struck by a football, which broke the visor (foolishly left it by the goal after riding to a 5 a side match) and now I’ve headbutted a tree during a small crash. No signs of damage inside or out.

I’m wondering if I should just make do – the visor still functions ok – or take the cautious approach and get a new one?

simondbarnes

I would

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Think you know the answer

davosaurusrex

The football wouldn’t worry me but depends how hard you butted the tree. I think decent helmets can take a fair few small impacts, couple of medium flavour donks but only one humdinger. But don’t come crying me if you die.

dhrider
    Free Member

If your asking the question there is obviously doubt in your mind so I would replace it for your own peace of mind.

wilburt
    Free Member

Nah just give it a rub.

snapperdan
    Free Member

I suppose a new helmet costs less than 24hr care after a brain injury if the old one doesn’t do its job properly….

oink1
    Free Member

On a side note, My Hex is God only knows how old now (2006?), Never fallen off whilst wearing it (Not gnarr enough!) or dropped/kicked. Always lived in a helmet pod. Does what it needs to as far as I can see, but do they deteriorate over time in a way you can’t see? Replace or not?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Should replace my helmet?’ is closed to new replies.