Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Should I? Would you?
  • anono

Broke a spoke in the rear wheel a couple of weeks ago (ancient Fulcrum Red Metal 5).

Planning a ride on Thursday evening – just some light XC in the mud so should be quite a easy going.

Worth the risk to ride with one spoke missing or is it likely to damage the wheel?

Murray

One spoke = no problem

Rubber_Buccaneer

Personally I would ride home with a broken spoke but would fix it before going out again

nbt

I rode a broken spoke for about 3 weeks on my commuter CX before it dawned on me what was causing the noise..

tenburner

I finished an uplift day at stiniog with a missing spoke. You should be fine

DickBarton

Will be fine, just make sure the next one to snap is directly opposite the already broken one.

damascus
    Free Member

How many spokes is the wheel?

I’ve done bike packing where 3 spokes have broken and wheels been fine (Ali nipples) but had 29 left and they were spaced evenly. If at home I wouldn’t have done it but I had no choice.

edhornby

should be ok but the fewer spokes the greater risk of the next one breaking, worth checking the others. I would ride and be getting the replacement organised.

honourablegeorge

Broke three on first day of an uplift holiday, carried on for the rest of the week

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Should I? Would you?’ is closed to new replies.