Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Should i sell my HT
  • ravingdave

Ive got a lovely Pinnacle iroko (650b 120mm travel ht), that has a great spec and rides lovely but i havent ridden it for a while as back in May got a new full susser trek fuel ex (29er 140/130mm travel)

The trek seems to do everything so well, but its nice to know the HT is there if i want it. If i sold it i could clear a niggling credit card bill, but I’m worried I’d just buy another HT, putting me further in debt!

What would stw do? They are separate enough not to overlap too muxh and i am thinking of doing some bike packing, it is non boost so that will limit future upgrade potential…

qwerty
    Free Member

In all honesty, it really does sound like you need a cyclo-cross bike.

jaylittle
    Free Member

I find my hardtail really comes into it’s own in the winter as quite often after a ride it might be a few days before it gets washed, if I had to leave the full susser like that I’m sure it would take its toll.

nealglover
    Free Member

Keep it.

And buy a gravel bike.

Blackflag
    Free Member

keep it.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Keep it. Out of interest, do you have s jump bike?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Keep it, sell the FS, pay off your credit card and bling your HT with the change.

maxtorque

I’m in the same boat with my c456, which really doesn’t get ridden much, if at all these days. But if i sold it, i’d not get much for it really, and to buy it back so to speak if i changed my mind would be more expensive…

So, if you can afford to, keep it. If you really need the money, then yeah, sell it…….

ravingdave

Cheers all, problem is I’m A tinkerer and always looking for ways to tweak and improve, if i kept it. I want to respray, add more bottle cages put some custom graphics on it, increase travel to 130/140mm etc etc etc

I probably can afford to keep it, esp if i can resist the urge to tinker…

plus-one

Keep it

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Burn it. Awful halfway house between rigid and full bounce*.
    Make your mind up and get one with all or no suspension.

*Based on my personal hatred of the bloody things.

ravingdave

Hatred of hardtails? Fair enough. I thought everyone loved them 😀 i could easily turn it rigid and miggt do if i can find a good fork with lots of mounting points that fits…

hardtailonly

Sell it to me for pennies.

I got rid of my On One 45650b to part fund my Pickenflick. Don’t regret that side of it at all. But I really really miss the 45650b. I do have a HT, an old Inbred, which I have run, variously, as rigid26er/rigid 69er/suspended 26er, all SS, and really enjoy it, but still wish I had a HT with big(ger) wheels and more modern angles.

Kryton57

I’m struggling to sell my Carbon HT having already bought a Clockwork Evo on a one in one out basis.  Despite the fact it’s basically a standby spare race bike, I’m not trying that hard to get rid…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Get rid, you’re not riding it.  Clear the credit card debt and then flex that card again for a cycling holiday with the bike you actually use.

kayak23

Freeze it, and bang it into your lawn.

BadlyWiredDog

Sell the full susser and ride the hardtail – sorted 🙂

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

They are weird. I like them but if it was the rigid vs the hardtail the rigid would stay,

I realise this is no help at all re OP. No debt is good but you’ll need to cut up the credit card to make it stick.

plus-one

I was full sus man for many years. Downgraded to hardtail as I was doing way more road stuff. Had an itch for a full sus again so built up a lovely sonder Evol. Excellent bike and very capable just preferred the hardtail. So now have a transmitter and moved the Evol on.

The hardtail is more fun for me and easier to maintain.

FOG

I felt like this a few years ago. Bought a 29er FS and rode it all the time leaving my Soul mouldering in the garage. Gradually I noticed myself taking the HT out more and more until I think I have hardly been out on the FS at all this year. In fact I have got to the state that I am thinking of upgrading the Soul to the latest generation. Keep the HT you will regret selling it.

ayjaydoubleyou

Selling bikes second hand is a financial mess, especially to then replace it with another new bike.
    The bike is bought and paid for.
    Don’t think of it as £750 (or whatever) sitting there in the shed doing nothing. Consider what your monthly interest payments are on the CC (example: £12.50 a month at 20% APR on £750). The bike costs you £12.50 a month. As a spare bike, as a mud bike, as an emergency spares donor. IS that worth £12.50 to you?

[This comes from someone who hates the whole culture of monthly payments – I don’t recommend this as a financial plan from the beginning, but for someone with 2 bikes and a debt, I think its worthwhile.]

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

yeah, often with selling stuff on ebay, 1% of the stuff for sale everyone wants and it goes for a high price (on-trend items usually, or latest “top reviewed” bikes/bits) and 99% of the stuff people will only buy because it’s a cheap bargain.

i fear the Pinnacle Iroko, despite being a great bike will fall into the later category.

ravingdave

Good replies, yep the pinnacle certainly doesnt have the best name, underated is never a great word to use when describing a product for sale. Even if true!

and i like the analogy on the credit card too that sums it up well

roverpig

I don’t like hardtails. I keep thinking I will, then I buy one and am reminded that I don’t. Rigid yes, full suss yes, but hardtail? I just don’t get it. Barely any more comfortable than a rigid and nowhere near as capable as a full suss.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Should i sell my HT’ is closed to new replies.