Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Should i fit these bearings?
  • mos

I orderd some replacement bearings foir my bizzle Token push fit BB, but when they turned up, although the right size, they are campag road ones with only one seal. I suppose they shouldn’t get any water in from the inside & having an open face should give me the opportunity to re-pack them, but i’m concerned that they might die in double quick time.

IMG_2121 by marcusandcath, on Flickr

bren2709

Don’t bb bearings only have 1 dust shield fitted anyway?
    I would repack with grease and fit with shield out.

What did they cost you?

mos

about £40. tiramic ones whatever that means.

Northwind

Guess it depends a bit on your bike, whether it gathers water but my HT2 Token always has water in the sleeve between the bearings. Not sure where it comes from but if it didn’t have inner seals, it’d die in no time.

lovewookie

Tiramic.

titanium nitride coated bearing surfaces and ceramic balls.

ceramic balls are great, don’t corrode and will last ages. ti nitriding bearing surfaces will in theory at least increase lifespan and decrease the amount of corrosion.

in reality you’ll find the TiN will wear off relatively quick on an exposed bearing and the bearing surfaces will rust, the bearings will develop play and if left will eventually seize.

two decent seals is what you need for MTB.

Cheezpleez

Any MTB BB bearing without a decent seal both sides is doomed. I’d give ’em about 5 minutes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Should i fit these bearings?’ is closed to new replies.