Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Short video , Bike and dog content.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Made a wee Video today in the woods with my dog. Nothing very exciting was more a test to see how easy it was to make a movie with windows movie maker so go easy.. Still my lab enjoyed his self.

_tom_
    Free Member

haha, love the bits where he's chasing you with a massive stick.

househusband

Is some of that filmed in the woods just off the cycle path to Pencaitland..?

walla24
    Free Member

good vid, cool dog!

willej

Great vid. Think your dog wants handlebars.
    That "massive stick" in the last shot is more of a branch surely!?

stanfree
    Free Member

Williej He will carry those branches for miles , especially big bits of driftwood from the beech. My dad and me once stood on the end of a big bit of driftwood and he still managed to lift us both. 😯
    I just get worried one day his sticks are going to end up in my spokes and me arse over tit.

stanfree
    Free Member

Househusband thats exactly where its filmed Woodhall picnic site between Pencaitland and Ormiston . Its good some good little natural jumps and some wee had made which have been trashed.

househusband

I know exactly where it is – sounds like you live pretty darn close to the legendary GW!

brucethesprucegoose
    Free Member

Hehehe, cute dog.
    So, was movie maker easy to use? I want to make something similar myself, but I'm crap at computers. Is it pretty simple.

stanfree
    Free Member

Bruce it was easy enough to make but had to change the video files from .MOV files to AVI after that it was really easy just get a clip right click and select start from then then do the same where you want to stop the clip put them altogether and add a wee music track .

House husband im not sure who GW is . ?

doug_basqueMTB.com

Nice video. If you could attach the camera to a stick you could get great footage of you riding…

househusband

House husband im not sure who GW is . ?

'GW' is a sometimes riding buddy, and an often argumentative forum member – posts at random times. Very knowledgeable on all things bike related, very opinionated – and, annoyingly, very correct most of the time. Lives just outside Pencakeland; I'm not too far away myself – just off the A68.

stanfree
    Free Member

Ill maybe bump into you then one day HH , Im usually out 2 or 3 times a week locally and the occasional trip to GT and Pentlands.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

great vid and love your dog.

miss my lab going to have to get a rehome or a pup this summer I'm thinking 😉

househusband

Drop us an email, stanfree – mine is in my profile. Will get in touch sometime and we could hook up?

robbo
    Free Member

Nice vid – never tried just placing the camera down – and it works. Sure the lab could keep up better with a smaller stick – still they are dumb.

My movie maker tips – fade out the music track at the end – time the clips to the lyrics 'falling from the sky' – cut all empty shots – even split clips with long run ins – make fade transitions really quick.

stanfree
    Free Member

Robbo thanks for the advice was a first attempt so quite happy. I just used a crappy old digital camera as its normally in my bike bag and wouldn't be a hardship If I broke it. I'll experiment some more as I'm sure my dog will be up for it.

coastkid
    Free Member

great wee film! paul met you on facebook! but need to go biking soon,
    heres another doggy film… vizsla dog sitting
    dog sitting my friends year old austrian vizsla…hyper and full of beans!
    he has an electric collar now which after a month of use is now never needed, gets the warning buzzer and calms down…dogs aint daft!
    filmed in east lothian too,at tyningham, i know HH too paul and live and ride here in east lothian,
    were doing a ride from HH place today,guessing around goregridge/nitten 😮

Woody
    Free Member

My 2 favourite things in one vid. Excellent work fella and I'm glad you didn't go for any narrow tree gaps !

househusband

paul met you on facebook! but need to go biking soon

Bruce – you'll meet him this morning!

coastkid
    Free Member

cool…rains off now too! see you soon

stanfree
    Free Member

Great ride today lads and good to meet you all , After having to bail out early I arrived home to find our visitors never turned up and got roped into weeding the garden . 😡

Look forward to seeing Tom's route data to see where you ended up . Some great trails especially the one we found with the big drop at the end. Catch you all again soon for a blast or see you at Fort Bill in 3 weeks.

coastkid
    Free Member

nice to meet you paul…had a great day and rode some sweet singletrack 😮
    working on some films from the day…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Short video , Bike and dog content.’ is closed to new replies.