Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Short straps for wheel support rack?
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

My ace Pendle rack comes with the nifty little straps that you can open one handed and are very fast to use.
    Except mine have been misappropriated and I need 8 more straps.
    I have emailed Pendle but given how expensive they are in general I am expecting an eye watering reply.

Dos anyone have a source of small straps that are super cheap for a tight arse?

garage-dweller

cycle toe clip straps. Available in pairs from Halfords or Decathlon very cheaply and probably your lbs too.

5plusn8
    Free Member

cycle toe clip straps. Available in pairs from Halfords or Decathlon very cheaply and probably your lbs too.

Good call they are very similar.

garage-dweller
    pictonroad

I had the same issue, bought a 2nd hand Pendle rack with no straps. I also asked on here, was pointed toward this place:

Handy Straps

I’m a weapons grade tight arse so baulked at not buying something ‘similar that would probably work’ but they’ve been brilliant. Also used for tying ladders to roof racks, mending gazebos and all sorts. UK made, very tough.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Toes straps from LBS 6 for a tenner. Happy days.

stevextc
    Free Member

You can also buy long luggage straps off ebay etc. a lot cheaper…and then cut them and re-melt the end

I got 6 for a tenner I think…. (can’t remember but they were a LOT cheaper than the short ones)

pipiom
    Free Member

Any idea how long the Decathlon ones are? Could they be the answer to my “Fatbike on an old Thule rack” problem?

belugabob
    Free Member

Fasty straps

I use the 50cm blue ones, on my Thule rack

5plusn8
    Free Member

AAAAnnnnnd Pendle got back to me 8.50 for 6 straps plus 1.24 postage. I retract my rude comments about overpriced bike rack manufacturers. That’s not too shabby.

belugabob
    Free Member

AAAAnnnnnd Pendle got back to me 8.50 for 6 straps plus 1.24 postage. I retract my rude comments about overpriced bike rack manufacturers. That’s not too shabby.

Result!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Short straps for wheel support rack?’ is closed to new replies.