• This topic has 43 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by hols2.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Short hard and fast, longer and slower… what’s best for calories/weight/fatigu
  • hols2
    Free Member

That’s already been proven completely wrong by genetics

It’s not really clear what you mean by this. What do you mean by “genetics”? Do you mean scientists who study DNA, sports science researchers, etc? What specifically has been proven “completely wrong”? Some links to published research would be useful. One problem with any research related to biology is that everything is extremely complex, so things aren’t generally proven “completely wrong” or completely right. It’s generally more a case of some things tend to work better in some contexts, other things in other contexts, but nobody really knows for sure so more research is needed.

Kryton57

However, it’s impossible to sustain high intensity exercise if you are starving and burning fat, so you just won’t be able to train hard if you are aiming to lose serious amounts of weight and you won’t be able to lose serious amounts of weight if you are training to increase power.

Hols2 +1.   My nutrition program this year increased carbs but was calorie balanced, with a +10% calorie goal on 2018 – 2400 cals on net per day this year.  Unlike last year, I have completed all of my intervals and recover much quicker.  I know from experience that as the longer less fuelled weekend rides start (I’m reverse periodised) my weight will come down.  FWIW I’ve been taught to eat well on the bike to avoid smashing unhealthy foods after a long ride, and even then I’m ending a Saturday with at least a 1000 calorie deficit, a lot of the time 2000.  This is why.

Theres a graph in my training software which shows a constant +4-6% increase in watts at HR vs 2018 which I’d assume is a good thing and proved my coach right about additional carbon intake after I worried about the weight gain.  If I can lose 5lb and maintain power my w/kg will have improved somewhat.

Weeksy, maybe try my fitness pal?  You’re probably eating more than you think.

trail_rat
    Free Member

hols2 – ,my comments are tongue in cheek .

We were supplied with a whole load of anecdotal evidence last time as to why science doesnt work for molgrips.

hols2
    Free Member

hols2 – ,my comments are tongue in cheek .

I’m gonna slink away in shame at my sense of humour fail. Pretend I was never here.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Short hard and fast, longer and slower… what’s best for calories/weight/fatigu’ is closed to new replies.