Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • shoe/pedal dilemma
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Riding snowdon rangers path tomorrow. I always ride clipped in. I feel happier, more confident and can ride more stuff that way. However, I realise disco slippers are not going to be much use on the long walk to the top. I’ve got some nano flats and 5:10s somewhere. Even though I don’t ride flats, would this be the better option?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Come on guys, I need to know what to pack.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone have a useful opinion?

doug_basqueMTB.com

Probably not the most useful opinion but seeing as I’m the only one up apparently… if you always ride clipped in then don’t take something you are unfamiliar with up a big rocky mountain! Go clipped.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That’s what I was thinking but just wondering if I’ll die pushing a bike up a mountain for two and a half hours in disco slippers.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’ve never done Snowdon, is it a push the whole way? A better option would be to take a set of trainers and just pop them in your pack, or tie them on the outside for the way back down.

R.lepecha

not if the disco slippers are relitavley comfortable you should be fine. You’ll probably annoy the other riders with your tap shoes though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Disco slippers it is. Maybe ill ever ride some of the climb.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d have gone with flats but you won’t die.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I didn’t die. More ridable than it was 5 years ago. Rangers was awesome. Flats probably would have worked for rangers. Glad I had the spuds for telegraph.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I know it would be a PITA, but you could take a larger bag and walk in proper shoes and then change into the disco slippers for the riding.

james
    Free Member

“I realise disco slippers are not going to be much use on the long walk to the top”
    I dunno I went up skiddaw in mine a while ago, the studs wore down a fair bit though

I went up/down snowdon the other week, I reckon around half the distance (not height) is easily ridden (my mum rode about that far) with some more ridable with some determination/stubborness

A shoe swap would be a good idea if you have room, one swap and a 100 and bit metre up to the top of telegraph in SPD shoes could work
    Unless you’ve pedals that sort of work with flat shoes, you might be walking a lot of it, like the initial road climb?

I found non disco slipper SPD shoes good to walk up in, but found the loss in stiffness in the sole got painful going down rangers (though with cageless pedals)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘shoe/pedal dilemma’ is closed to new replies.