Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shock pumps
  • sbob
    Free Member

All the same? Will a £20 no name do the job? Don’t really want to spend £50-60 on one.

Cheers.

Northwind

Cheap Beto is one of the best you can buy.

sbob
    Free Member

Exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks.

mattyfez

I bought a second hand rockshox pump. Cheap, does the job, I don’t see any need for anything more fancy.

molgrips
    Free Member

I recently bought a Lifeline one for £15, works really well and has the feature where you can unscrew the centre pip before releasing the entire chuck.  Only downer with it is the gauge is graduated with 20s instead of 10s, you have to guess a bit to get 5psi increments.

nuke

Way i figure it, like any pump with a gauge, if I always use the same pump then it should always be ‘accurate’ for me

sbob
    Free Member

My thoughts also nuke; relativity being of importance.

granny_ring

Beto +1

5plusn8
    Free Member

I have a couple of beto ones, they are great, the only issue that you may solve with a different brand is that the head that screws on can be a bit bulky, one of my forks it just won’t go in and needs a slimmer attachment. In the end I used a posher pump, but there may well be cheap ones with slim heads too. (Like I am not undermining the cheap pumps are fine thing, just that the beto are chunky)

canopy
    Free Member

i had a raleigh one, pin wouldnt reach to depress the pin on the shock, then it broke.

bought a bontrager one for about 35 quid – really good

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve got one that seems to be a rebrand Beto that came from Edinburgh Cycles (I think) and a few freebie RockShox ones.

The only issue I’ve ever had was the schrader in one particular fork where the valve pin was too low for the non-Rockshox one to engage.

Shock pumps are not something I’d overthink unless they’re obviously broken.  As previously, assume the readings are going to be incorrect and dont try to carry readings between pumps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shock pumps’ is closed to new replies.