Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shitty PSA: Garage Bikes is closing
  • bearnecessities

I’ve not exactly thrown a load of business their way, but I’ve just found out that they’re closing their doors at the end of this month.

Alan and staff are the most genuine bunch of bloody brilliant people you’d ever want to meet. You’d appreciate just a fraction of their helpfulness and honesty as your bike mechanic, sparkie, plumber or mate – but anyone that’s been there knows that anyhow.

But for whatever reason, they’re done.

I hope everyone involved treasures the memories and moves on to bigger and better, but it’s really sad to think they’re going.

Farewell & good luck, the far better Team GB 🙂

ads678

Bummer, used them a couple of times for wheel builds and they always seemed decent.

Morley is a bit out of the way now I’ve changed jobs though and also never really struck me as cyclist central either.

ernie67

Only went there a couple of times as it was a bit out of the way – but for customer service & free advice they’d have to be hard to beat .
    Sad to hear really.😞

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Free advice ! Doesn’t pay wages

bikebob

Damn, used them a few times and planned to use them again later this month. Always busy with repairs, not sure how much retail they shifted.
    As others say, a bunch of capable, helpful and genuinely nice people. Really sorry to hear it’s closing, thought it was doing well, it deserved to. Good luck to all affected.

What’s the recommendation now for repairs in Leeds / Wakefield area. I’ve only used Garage.

hardtailonly

What’s the recommendation now for repairs in Leeds / Wakefield area. I’ve only used Garage.

I use ‘The Bike Doctor’ and / or Woodrups.

ernie67

I was thinking more along the lines of ” I can’t decide which tyre to buy between these two ,what do you think ?” Big Bud – I’d then proceed in buying said tyre & not hot footing off home & saving a couple of quid on the internet. This is unfortunately the way of the world it seems at the mo & is killing off businesses like Garage .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shitty PSA: Garage Bikes is closing’ is closed to new replies.