Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano hydraulic banjo fittings
  • tops5
    Free Member

Anyone know of a Uk source for these?

Really struggling

I know you can buy them already crimped on the hose but I’ve already spent hours threading a length of hose internally and can’t face starting again!

jam-bo

Tape old hose to new hose, pull through. Sorted.

pothead
    Free Member

Feed a gear cable through the brake hose, remove the brake hose then feed new outer using the gear cable which is already through the frame, shouldn’t take more than 5 mins. Not 100% sure about this but I think Shimano brake hoses only come with the banjo crimped at the caliper end, fitted one to a lads bike last year and I’m sure that’s what he’d been told when he bought it

nixie

Don’t think you can buy them separately other than their party ones.

sillyoldman

They made them when the original 4 pot XT brake around 2000 went from metallic hoses to standard plastic coated hoses, but were discontinued long ago.
    As suggested above, thread a gear cable through it and use that as a guide for the correct hose.

cp

As above, Shimano ones only come pre crimped to the hose.

Re thread with a new hose is the only option really. It’s easy though as above – just make sure you thread something through to guide before your remove the hose you’ve already threaded.

tops5
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, I wasn’t really after tips for threading the hose through.

Should have said I’m after 3rd party fittings

BadlyWiredDog

There are loads of them on amazon. No idea how well or badly they work, but they do seem to exist.

Tracey

Not sure if they will fit your hose

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/category/436/Hydraulic-Replacement-Fittings

If it was me I would just replace with the correct hose and banjo.
    Never had a problem with threading one through the frame.

scotroutes

I assumed that the OP had already cut the banjo off an existing hose and threaded the cut end through the frame.

Personally, I’d just buy a new hose and chalk it down to experience, using the cut hose to guide the new one through.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano hydraulic banjo fittings’ is closed to new replies.