Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • shimano dual control or sram gripshift…..
  • Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

my choices to fit to my new yeti are hope mono mini pro brakes (green or the normal ones) with sram XO gripshift and XO mech, or the new XTR dual control,calipers mechs, etc. the brakes are the only stumbling block, XTR brakes feel nicer than hope, i know i really like gripshift, but need a little longer on the DC to know if i like it as much as the GS….

scaredypants

why can’t you have xtr brakes & XO gripshift ?

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

XO gripshift gets my vote,simple,effective,reliable,lightweight,underated kit imho.

crazy-legs

Shimano Dual Control gets my vote,simple,effective,reliable,lightweight,underated kit imho.
    😉

Spongebob
    Free Member

Would XO gripshift be compatible with Shimano XTR? The way to find out is to check how much cable gets pulled on each gear shift. But there could well be other compatibility factors.

Personally I would never go for combined shifters and brake levers. Too expensive when they need to be replaced, more likely to go wrong, limits your flexibility on swaping things around. Use the K.I.S.S. principle for reliable and cheaper biking.

mudshark
    Free Member

lightweight

Is it? Well I have the original XT ones and thought that they were slightly heavier than separate XT levers; maybe the later ones are better.

dobo
    Free Member

front x0 gripshift is compatible with xtr front mech, rear x0 grip is not compatible with xtr, i’m 100% sure of this because i use xo gripshift front and xtr front mech on a double setup.
    xtr rear trigers are awesome but x0 front gripshift is erm awesome too.

so for best weight/price and useability get both 🙂 xtr prices are stupid now so tbh they may have a factor if i had to purchase xtr now

Nobby

XTR duals & a RR mech on my Yeti – came off my last bike & have given faultless performance in all conditions for over 2 years.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Only 2 years!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Gripshift, no contest.

onandon
    Free Member

just buy a right hand SRAM Rocket right hand “shorty” shifter, 120 grams inc cable and shifts 2/1 ration for Shimano.

james
    Free Member

“Would XO gripshift be compatible with Shimano XTR? The way to find out is to check how much cable gets pulled on each gear shift”

No, you can’t run XTR dual control levers because of the shifting issues

Why can’t/don’t you run seperate XTR brakes with SRAM twist grip (if you want twist grip?)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘shimano dual control or sram gripshift…..’ is closed to new replies.