Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • shimano dodgy clutch on new derailleur
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

Hey yo,.

So just got round to installing a new m9100 XTR derailleur and the clutch just doesnt work.

Upon rotating the jockey cage the little roller clutch just doesnt move… I have another XT12 speed derailleur and its been fine save for some greasing, which i’ve obviously done to this XTR one..its still not biting.

Not a complete moonin so cam is in the right position..

Is it just the stabilization unit thats not playing ball? Anywwhere I can get a new one? I’m loathed to return it given stock levels..=

martinhutch

I’m guessing you’ve wound in the bolt sufficiently?

I don’t actually use the clutches on mine, so I’ll swap you for a brand new in box XT 8100… 🙂

dumbbot
    Free Member

I should still see the clutch moving if it were engaging, even if i only have the clutch tighteness wound on a little..i dont see it doing anything. It will, very occasionally catch..but it just isnt right

XTR is pointless..but it does look very nice. I’d rather it worked though:/

dumbbot
    Free Member

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/search/?term=Stabilizer%20Unit

Would any of these (in stock)..work on a 12speed derailleur.?

dumbbot
    Free Member

Or failing does anyone know where i can get a replacement Stabilizer/clutch thing?

benpinnick

Theyre all pretty much the same (stabilizer). The XT 7 series one will do just fine.

dumbbot
    Free Member

great, thanks..

If that doesn’t work…the derailleur is going back. Probably can’t get another XTR one :/ its very shiny,.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘shimano dodgy clutch on new derailleur’ is closed to new replies.