Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SHIMANO DEORE Disc Brake Rotor Adapter
  • Mounty_73

Does anyone know what size the torq bolts are for this adapter please?

SHIMANO DEORE Disc Brake Rotor Adapter, SM-RTAD05

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They’ll be normal M5 disk bolts, they don’t need to be torx, normal allen head ones will work just fine.

ThePinkster

As above, most are 10mm long but you could probably get away with something a little longer, maybe 12mm

Mounty_73

I knew I should have left this alone after having a rough day yesterday.

I am replacing my rear wheel. I have a Shimano CS-HG500, 11-34T cassette that needs to be put on the new wheel.

I have removed the cassette, 2 rings and a spacer. Could someone please tell me where the space needs to go please?

ThePinkster

By the sound of it (sorry, don’t have intimate knowledge of that cassette) the spacer should go between 2 of the sprockets. When stacked on top of each other do 2 sit flush with no gap between? If so that’s where the spacer needs to go. If not the spacer will need to go on first, before fitting the cassette.

ThePinkster

This site is quite useful if you know the pat numbers that you’re working with –

https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/home.html

If you search for the part in the search field it’ll take you to the dealer manuals in most cases and they’re very useful – it helped sort a problem I had with my XT rear mech after cleaning it the other day.

Mounty_73

Thanks for the help!

One last thing. can someone please confirm which tool is required to tighten this?

Shimano Rotor Adapter SM RTAD05

docrobster
    Free Member

You’ll need a cassette lock ring tool to tighten that.

johnners
    Free Member

You’ll need a cassette lock ring tool to tighten that.

What is it, the lockring for the disc? Maybe I’m behind the times here but the cassette lock ring tool I’ve got engages on the inner edge of the ring. That looks like it needs something that’d be more like the tool for an external BB.

docrobster
    Free Member

I’m confused now. Maybe it is a centre lock disc lock ring. The ones I’ve used in the past had splines one the inside so used a cassette lock ring tool but google shows that there are tools for splines in the outside. Is that the same as a bb then?
    Edit:
    Seems they can be external or internal splines. So op need a bb tool
    https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/disc-brake-rotor-removal-installation

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You need a hollowtech BB tool, depending on the disk you might need a ‘socket’ type rather than a spanner as the spanner won’t clear the alloy spider on most centerlock disks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SHIMANO DEORE Disc Brake Rotor Adapter’ is closed to new replies.