Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano brake hose or new brakes
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Sounds a bit mad I’ve got a set of used but good 2017 xt brakes which the hoses are too small for my old GT. Do I buy new hoses at roughly £27 each end then bleed, which I’m appaling at , or buy new deore 4pots for not much more ? I know I know , first world problems and all that…….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So that isn’t a sign shimano pricing is all wrong. Sell the current ones and buy new so you have warranty when they leak 😉

fd3chris
    Free Member

Good point! The pricing makes no sense to me either.

cp

You’ll only need 1 new hose – just move the current rear one to the front brake

fd3chris
    Free Member

Can’t believe I didn’t think of that lol

nickfrog
    Free Member

I only paid £20 for hose and the bits with it, olive+barb

pimpingimp
    Free Member

If you buy a new set of deores you’ll need to shorten the hoses & probably bleed anyway. I know you “can” do it without bleeding, but you do intimate that you’re not very good at such things.

joebristol

I’d be very tempted to sell the current ones and go 4 pot. More power and a new warranty. When I had Shimano Brakes I got away with shortening hoses without needing to bleed them.

stevextc
    Free Member

CRC were doing XT hoses for £50

Seems a lot but they come with free pads, spare (SLX) caliper and spare (SLX lever), Olive/Barb and new mounting kit.  The lever is a bit of a gamble as to which one but the rest is useful to have.

You can chose spare lever by going all continental

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks guys 👍

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano brake hose or new brakes’ is closed to new replies.