Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shimano alfine/Nexus di2 help!
  • endurogangster
    Free Member

Hi, I’m building a bike with a nexus 8 internal geared hub and looking to use di2 shifting. I have the MU-UR shifting module but it doesn’t come with any instructions and there is very little on line about actual assembly.

Does anyone know of a bike shop that deals with this kind of thing? The closer to South Yorkshire the better.

qwerty
    Free Member

Try Riders Cycle Centre in Skipton, he’s a geek, if he doesn’t know, he’ll work it out.

andrewh
    Free Member

Edinburgh Bicylce Works did my Alfine Di2, apparently it’s a pain in the bottom🤣 And maybe a bit for you
    However, if you want to buy a full set ready to go I’m now selling it… My commute has changed and I’ve gone back to singlespeed

thepodge
    Free Member

What’s the going price of an Alfine Di2 secondhand setup? I’m kind of interested.

andrewh
    Free Member

@thepodge No idea really. I’m open to offers The whole bike has just gone up on ebay as they have an offer on this weekend, starting at £400
    There is a right hand shifter, with hydraulic front brake, the control box thingy under the bars, external battery, lots of wires and connectors and things, shifter motor for the hub and the hub itself, built onto a Mavic Open Pro 700c wheel. The hub bearings could do with a service but the shifting bit is absolutely spot on Oh and a battery charger (which was £75 new!) And then all the other bits you need to make a bike… Turns out if you want to have a drop bar shifter, a hydraulic disc brake and a hub gear D12 is the only way to do it IIRC it cost just over a grand for the Di2 bits, plus the rest of the bike
    There’s pictures and things here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334137690620

If you are local you are more than welcome to come and have a play on it, I’m just south of Edinburgh, eastern end of the Tweed Valley Likewise OP, if you want to see one in action you are welcome to pop round.

thepodge
    Free Member

Ooof, didn’t realise they were coming in at that much. Second hand would double the price of my bike… Think I’ll leave it but thanks anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shimano alfine/Nexus di2 help!’ is closed to new replies.