Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Shimano 12 spd compatible Chainrings
  • bobodaclown

Morning,
    Does anyone have any recommendations/experience for which 12speed compatible 1x chainrings work well, if so could they let me know?
    Thanks

jimmy748

I’ve used both Blackspire and Burgtec with Shimano chains.

fathomer

Wife is using a Superstar raptor ring with no issues.

hannahjayy
    Free Member

Hope now do a 12 speed Shimano specific ring in either direct mount or 104pcd 4 bolt, spot on with my XT set-up

submarined
    Free Member

Anyone know any with the Shimano direct mount fitment? Shimano ones are scarce and pricey.

chakaping
    Free Member

Assuming you mean to go on a Shimano 12sp DM crankset, there does seem to be somewhat limited choice.

I got some reasonably priced Blackspire ones off CRC and they are great.

Last time I checked Superstar still didn’t do a Shimano DM pattern ring. The lazy feckers.

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Currently using a Wolftooth, however they arent cheap.

Think i paid about £70 for mine.

Have you tried unite components? have had their stuff before and good quality and reasonably priced.

bobodaclown

Thanks all for the speedy replies!

@chakaping
    great call out, you are correct yes for a Shimano DM crank.

I will order up a couple of Blackspire ones

Thanks again

chakaping
    Free Member

Happy to help.

I’m actually using them with 11sp, I’ve just realised, but they are designed for 12sp so I’m sure you’ll be fine.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Anyone know any with the Shimano direct mount fitment? Shimano ones are scarce and pricey.

What size you after? I took my 32t off and have it kicking about somewhere.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Bloody hell. 65 quid. You’re not joking.

nixie

Oneup switch carrier with 12 speed shimano ring. https://uk.oneupcomponents.com/collections/switch/products/switch-shimano .

davros

Oneup oval here. Very happy with mine.

I got a round blackspire from CRC and it was noticeably wonky so went back.

happybiker
    Free Member

The only rings to reliably drop chains for me in the past were Blackspire and AB.
    Just fitted a Unite ring to one bike, £40 and made in Wales.

majorspaniel

IV been using a unite Shimano 12S ring since march and it’s been faultless.

joebristol

You could ask Shorelines if they have / could get any Northshore Billet HG12 chainrings for Shimano direct mount cranks.

The hey actually make an HG12 ring that fits Sram direct mount cranks for shimano 12 speed chains – I’m running one and it’s been fine. Not a single drop of the chain.

I actually don’t rate the Shimano 12 speed chains as they’re noisy / skippy in muddy slop. So I ditched the Shimano 12 speed chain and have an XX1 chain on there instead. It’s better with mud / slop / grit in the wet than the Shimano one. It also plays fine with the Northshore chainring.

sillyoldman

Shimano XT one isn’t cheap but it’ll likely outlast the alternatives which are mostly similar in price. All sizes in stock at Madison.

Or SLX one is £35 and similarly durable if a bit clunky looking. Again – all sizes in stock at Madison.

endomick
    Free Member

I’ve bought a couple of those Blackspire DM ones at £19.99 and now at £16.99 in some options, I’ve found the Unite one can through the chain off from the bottom with a slight bit of backpedalling in the biggest cog, this never happened with my previous Burgtec ring on a M8000 chainset, I recently changed to M8100 chainset to match the rest of my transmission. So Blackspire and Burgtec are my recommendations.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Shimano 12 spd compatible Chainrings’ is closed to new replies.