Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Shimano : A dogs Trail
  • lovewookie

This just popped up on my insta feed, couldn’t see it posted already, apologies if it is.

quite nice. dogs and bikes.

lovewookie

bump to show?

stumpy01

Skipped through it, as I’m bit busy with work but that looked great!

The dogs looked so happy!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just getting this in before the usual suspects:

Dogs are aggressive arseholes

Dog owners are entitled

Dogs should always be on a short lead and muzzled, that’s the only definition of under control I’m prepared to entertain

If I saw a dog lose like that on the trail I’d kick it

Dog owners should need a license and pay tax

plus-one

Kids are aggressive arseholes

Child owners are entitled

Kids should always be on a short lead and muzzled, that’s the only definition of under control I’m prepared to entertain

If I saw a child lose like that on the trail I’d kick it

Child owners should need a license and pay tax

Onzadog
    Free Member

You beat me to it. I enjoyed that far more than most mtb videos but given the anti dog vitriol on here, I didn’t feel it was a “safe place” to be able to comment.

ads678

…also, it’s your own fault if you get bitten by a dog as you should have gone a training course to understand how to behave around dogs. It is NOT the dog owners responsibility to train their dog!

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll type something when I can see again. I think a Maxxis kicked some dust in my eyes

richmtb

Fun video OP. I have a Cocker Spaniel and hope to train it well enough for some running on quiet easy trails.

You beat me to it. I enjoyed that far more than most mtb videos but given the anti dog vitriol on here, I didn’t feel it was a “safe place” to be able to comment.

Err… I’ve not seen that comment disappear in a puff of logic so I think you are safe enough.

There is a happy middle ground you know between “ZOMG Dogs are destroying the world” and “Waaahh!!! my fur baby is more important than you”

Train your dog.
    Accept that dogs =/= humans.
    Supervise it and keep it under close control.
    If it you can’t do this and it’s likely to bother anyone put it on a lead.
    Clean up its shit.

DezB
    Free Member

The trail sections in that film are some of the most beautifully shot video I’ve ever seen! So beautiful.
    Man, I still miss my Hope every day. Been gone 17 months now! Video made me blub 😆

given the anti dog vitriol on here, I didn’t feel it was a “safe place” to be able to comment
    **** ’em. Dogs are awesome. People are shite.

marksnook
    Free Member

I saw this on Pinkbike and loved it. Really well made and shot.
    However first thing I thought when I saw the thread title was I wonder how many people are going to comment the exact same when every thread involving dogs crops up

onehundredthidiot

Here’s my best dog having a run. Still miss him.

https://www.facebook.com/675512108/videos/10152407665277109/

kayak23

Seen that last night.
    Some absolutely amazing slomo footage.
    Rad 😊 🐶 👌

Sandwich

Bodie is the dog in my life that gets distracted by the squirrel. He’s getting there on being in view and not veering off on his own adventures.

bearGrease

…also everywhere except my garden is a dog toilet and anyway if my dog craps in the woods it’s off-piste so I don’t need to pick it up.

bigdaddy

Love that – absolutely love it! I wish my lab was a trail dog…

lovewookie

TBH, people have opinions, I just like dogs and like riding my bike, so a nice vid showing that being done is good for me.

Obviously don’t do this on a busy trail centre trail, and/or if your dog doesn’t have good recall (doesn’t remember his/ her name etc..;-)) so may be limited places in the UK to go out with your dog, but if you’re an irresponsible dog owner, you’re likely irresponsible anyway and won’t care.

for everyone else, enjoy trails.

My dog doesn’t need good recall, she’s a sofa dog, or at night time, a small dog that occupies all of the bed, dog.

joefm

The trail sections in that film are some of the most beautifully shot video I’ve ever seen! So beautiful.
    Man, I still miss my Hope every day. Been gone 17 months now! Video made me blub 😆

Me too. Lost our pooch last week.

DezB
    Free Member

Aw mate 🙁

onehundredthidiot
    Here’s my best dog having a run. Still miss him.

Must be private. FB wouldn’t show me.

john_l
    Free Member

Absolutely love this. The two Jack Russells, scrabbling for traction are just brilliant.

I love dogs.

martymac

Awesome footage.
    I’ll have a dog again when I retire.

andydt82

I love the shots of the dogs ‘scrubbing’, there’s some great stills over on Pinkbike.

My dog makes a great trail dog for running with, but unfortunately I never got her calm enough when I’m on the bike. She’s also getting a bit long in the tooth now.

gkeeffe

I prefer this video – as I have a whippet!

Kelly Megarry

Tracey

Watched it yesterday, a lot better and different than he usual mtb stuff.

I get out with Fin most days on the bike, she loves every bit of it, we can be local or out in the hills, doesn’t make any difference to her.

luket

The whippet’s response from the sofa to the freehub noise reminds me of my dog. Barely raised an eyebrow at life going on around her then the smallest bit of bike kit moves an inch and she’s there in a flash. “KNEE PADS? I’M IN!” Sadly also now retired from riding. She always saw it as “her job” but I stopped her at 7. Just felt she was getting a bit of stiffness after. She seems happy at the career change to “singing along to musical instruments” though.

There is a happy middle ground…

+1

Lots of hard work on training needed and responsibilities don’t stop there, but these things are not unachievable.

DickBarton

First lump that had ‘mine’ jumping over which brushed her fur she’d be rolling over expecting a tummy rub…big, hairy daft thing…so she doesn’t go anywhere near the bike and any form of exercise (with a bike).

When she has seen me on the bike, she has assumed the game was to either walk into me and knock me over or to try and jump up and knock me over. Given her size I reckon she’d only manage 2 miles at the most anyway…

PhilO
    Free Member

I’d love to take our Lab out on the trail, but it’s as much as I can do to avoid tripping over her when she stops suddenly on a run, so she wouldn’t survive long! 🙂

This might be of interest:

https://www.topdogfilmfestival.co.uk/

mattyfez

sigh…
    the differnce between a good dog owner and a bad one is this.

welshfarmer

Got to love trail dogs. So since we have a thread, here’s a short video of me and my brothers collies enjoying the trail just across the valley from home…

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Dogs have the ability to be amazing companions – unfortunately there’s a human component at the other end of the lead (or not) who has the ability to be a complete & utter @rsehole. I miss all of mine (7) but I doubt I’ll have another…

StuE
    Free Member

I managed about half of it before getting bored,beautifully filmed but the voiceover was terrible, I like dogs and I like bikes but the combination of the two does nothing for me

DezB
    Free Member

Dogs are awesome
    😂

martymac

I like other people’s dogs.
    I can stroke them, talk to them, occasionally throw a ball or stick for them.
    But I don’t have to get up in the pissing rain and walk them, and I don’t have to pick up any jobbies.
    (Jobbies is the Scottish word for shit btw)

scruffywelder
    Free Member

Watching that last night made it a bit dusty round here. The old retired trail pooch was a lot like Jenny, the trail dog that belonged to my ex that I was lucky enough to know in her last few years (the dog, not the ex) 💔

I think I need another dog in my life…

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

That was class. Thanks for posting.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Shimano : A dogs Trail’ is closed to new replies.