• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by jkomo.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit- road frame shagged.
  • jkomo

Just found a crack in the chain stay of my Scott road bike.

Off to Ventoux in 10 days, so if anyone has seen any great deals on frames or complete road bikes, size medium, please let me know.

BigJohn

To put you back on the bike, I suppose.

jkomo

Yes- I can take the commuter, but we’re doing the Cingles ride so it will be a bit heavy.

jet26
    Free Member

Won’t be done in time I suspect but look up recarb – Rob Hayles does carbon frame repairs.

Just had mine done and good as new. Couple of riding mates had theirs done previously and really good work.

May still need to beg/borrow for the trip sadly…

stevious

A few places were advertising bike hire in Bedoin when I was there. Looked like some decent bikes available.

Good luck with the cingles!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Shit loads of bike hire in the village. Brakes wrong side obvs. Which gets a bit shit in ventoux

Or I could post you the rest of the carbon fibre repair kit I used on my f4ame last week

TiRed

Where are you? I’d repair and see what you can borrow.

jkomo

Any idea how much for repair? The bike is pretty old now anyway so I am due an upgrade.

I might buy one of those brand x £100 frames to stick all my bits on for the ride then use it as a winter road bike.

redmist
    Free Member

Cube from bikediscount?

jonba
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/brand-x-rd-01-road-frame-and-carbon-fork/rp-prod130456

would be a quick donor model, but I’d sooner hire one.

cycledivision sell cannondale bikes that are often reduced – legit company despsite their website.

I think you need to consider places where you can walk in and leave with your bike. With that in mind, have a look at Evans, Halfords, Decathlon if they are near to you. The top end stuff from all of them looks nice – BC discount means it might be worth joining online to save some money.

If you look on facebook you might have a local for sale section. One near me (CDNE bike sales) has some good bikes on. When mine was broken and I was looking at missing races I considered buying a second hand £500 one. Would have been ok (carbon/tiagra) and could have sold it on or kept it as a winter bike.

Final one, risky buying mail order with this little notice.

http://www.bikebargains.co.uk/bikes/

tdog
    Free Member

I’ve seen a £3400 titanium with carbon fork and headset real understated and a real rarity for £750.

Think it has like a black PVD coating which increases coating strength.

It’s a 54cm for DI2 and discs iirc

steve_b77
    Free Member

Try target composites they may be able to turn it round in time

lucasshmucas

I’d look at the Merckx frames on Merlin. Don’t know if there are any mediums though.

jkomo

I’ve ordered a complete Titus from CRC. Di2 hydro, carbon wheels.

£600 off made it £2400, and interest free over 2 years, has made it do-able

Fingers crossed for delivery.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit- road frame shagged.’ is closed to new replies.