Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • She’s on her way back…….
  • jj55

At 04:19 GMT today she turns around and starts her long journey back to us

3-F2-F0-AAA-0-DB9-4-FCA-ABD5-8-E24-E4-AAD85-C

Poopscoop

I was going to post that but thought, too early!

But hell, yes! See you soon, beautiful.

Ambrose

Thank goodness. I’m missing her at the moment.

rOcKeTdOg
    prawny

Roll on spring

cloudnine
    Free Member

Why does the extra day of a leap year get added to winter rather than summer?

jam-bo

Is she swimming?

swedishmetal
    Free Member

Love this.

I don’t know how people can love the winter at all. Occasionally it can look good, frost, ice, fog etc but it always feels horrible.

Summer is gorgeous.

myti
    Free Member

^+1

slackboy

Summer is gorgeous.

Terrible taste in books though…

funkrodent

March is my favourite month of the year. Progressively warmer, lighter and drier (sometimes) & then blam! clocks go forward and the light returns properly.

Winter’s not so bad though. Cosy nights by the fire / radiator. Walks or rides on cold, crisp days. Occasional snowfall magic. The winter solstice feast (also known as Xmas). It’s a time of rest and recuperation before nature bursts forth again in all her glory. After all, summer is all the better through comparison with the dark days of winter..

Final thought, we get 8 months when it is light and relatively warm (though it can still be cold in March admittedly). And four when it isn’t. I’ll take the four dark and cold months fir the eight warm and light ones!

kayla1
    Free Member

Woo hoo!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Longer, non-overcast days can’t come soon enough for me, feeling absolutely SAD-drainedtastic right now!

senorj

Enormous like button.

Rubber_Buccaneer

It wouldn’t be a proper solstice without this thread😀

senorj

👍

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

My favourite day of the year.
    Yesterday we were on the bikes up at Rivington & we saw the first Snowdrop shoots poking through the soil,a real ‘feel good’ moment.

stuey
    Free Member

“Phew” relief – for a brief moment before opening I thought
    “shit zombie Thatcher”

Shine on 🙂

endoverend

She is Hot

DezB
    Free Member

She may be getting nearer, but Jan, Feb are the coldest months and they’re a lot closer!

scotroutes

Yep. We have both the whole of winter and the whole of spring to look forward to. No point in wishing away time, just get out there and enjoy it all.

epicyclo

cloudnine

So we suffer longer. 🙂

1981miked
    Free Member

Roll on spring and summer. I don’t get on with winter at all. Just drains me and hate going to and coming home from work in the dark. Feel far more energised in the better weather.

scotroutes

cloudnine

Dammit. I can’t decide whether this is a clever troll or you really haven’t thought about it.

doomanic

I’m just looking forward to those rare rides where the bike only needs a light dusting before putting it away.

alpin
    Free Member

I strongly dislike winter, and I’m living near the alps where it gets all white and properly cold…

Currently in the UK. I always forget how awfully miserable days can be here with the constant drizzle, wind and grey skies. Ok, the sun is shining today, but the river has burst its banks and the cycle path to the pub is flooded.

Currently 18°C in Finale, 14°C in Tuscany. Just saying.

malgrey
    Free Member

I love the misty mornings of autumn
    I love the crispy cold days of winter.
    I love the newfound joy of spring
    I love the warmth of a summer’s day.

Mostly though, I like daylight, so summer gets my vote!

fatoldgit

About F’ in time … just hurry up

DickBarton

Can’t really complain, great having variety and change of weather. I like all the seasons (although admittedly, we seem to only really have 2 nowadays – wet and dark and damp and light (with a few weeks of stunningly dry days).

metalheart
    Free Member

huh, winter solstice is the furthest point from summer you can get…

you people are weird…

gallowayboy

Whoah! The sun’s come out an’all!

MoreCashThanDash

Not my favourite time of year, but always excited by January. By the end of the month you can just start to feel the evenings getting lighter, and then that seems to accelerate through February until March when Spring starts to think about springing properly

brownsauce
    Free Member

I dont mind winter when its that very cold but clear bright dry type , but that rarely happens so we get that gloomy wet windy shit instead.

Any noticeable / usable increase in daylight doesnt become apparent till mid Feb unfortunately

from what i remember , for every day that passes after today , there is an extra 3 mins of daylight for each day until the longest day of the year.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

My thought before opening this was Teresa May crawling her way back into power! Sorry, I’ve just completely ruined this thread.

daveylad
    Free Member

Sexist thread is sexist. Reporting.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

FWIW 9th Jan is the first day since the Solstice that the day starts getting longer at both ends – according to iCal anyway..

globalti
    Free Member

By mid summer we will be living in Scotland. Can’t wait for those long evenings out on the bike or on the loch.

swedishmetal
    Free Member

huh, winter solstice is the furthest point from summer you can get…

you people are weird…

Sexist thread is sexist. Reporting.

Clearly you weren’t around when that Mint Sauce cartoon first came out in MBUK…. my word how long ago was that?? 😳😳

It wouldn’t be a proper solstice without this thread😀

No it wouldn’t. It’s nice to take a few minutes to try and recall what it feels like to have a warm sun on your back, that inexplicably delightful feeling (that you never really think about when it happens, you only realise it happened many months later) when you know you don’t have to wear anything but your short sleeved top and you don’t have to pack anything else, siting on hard pack ground or lovely dry green grass eating lunch on a hill with lovely countryside bathed in sunlight around you, the fear of blindness when wearing sunglasses when you swoop into the shaded woods.

Mmmmmmm summer.

Pz_Steve

mrlebowski Member
    FWIW 9th Jan is the first day since the Solstice that the day starts getting longer at both ends – according to iCal anyway..

My understanding is that it’s dependant on latitude. In central UK I think it’s about 1st January. Certainly evenings have been getting lighter for about 10 days now. As of yesterday they’re getting lighter faster than the mornings are (still) getting darker.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

My understanding is that it’s dependant on latitude. In central UK I think it’s about 1st January. Certainly evenings have been getting lighter for about 10 days now. As of yesterday they’re getting lighter faster than the mornings are (still) getting darker.

Most likely true – my cal is corrected for that there London Town.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘She’s on her way back…….’ is closed to new replies.