Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Shannon Matthews
  • jon1973
    Free Member

BBC

Eight years for Karen Matthews.

wildrnes
    Free Member

er
    shannon was the child

its 8 years for Karren

Pook

yay or nay

Stoner
    Free Member

Paediatricians! String em up! It’s the only language they understand! 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

er
    shannon was the child

its 8 years for Karren

….Hastily corrected

hora
    Free Member

They should have given the mother a job instead. That would be her Dante’s 7th level of hell.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

It’s all very sad, and highlights just how greedy some people can be, but what I don’t get is, why did the police not do a thorough search of Michael Donovan’s flat? Did he not have some previous, and was known to be a bit simple or something? In future, I would hope that the homes of all relatives would be searched. Many children are abducted and abused by someone they know.

Thank God the llittle girl was ok, though, is the main thing.

jon1973
    Free Member

I would have guessed at 10 year. So 8 not too far off the mark imo. Depends how long she actually spends in prison.

When you compare the sentances to more serious crimes make you wonder whether most sentances are too light.

SiB
    Free Member

MOst importantly Shannon was found safe and sound but I’m still scratching my head as to how her kids have 5 different fathers……who would sleep with her?!

DezB
    Free Member

Thank God the llittle girl was ok, though, is the main thing

I thought the police found her 😉

5thElefant
    Free Member

Trio jailed for gang rape and caustic soda attack on teenager

They got 6-8 years.

I don’t put the two crimes in the same game, never mind the same ball park.

jon1973
    Free Member

MOst importantly Shannon was found safe and sound but I’m still scratching my head as to how her kids have 5 different fathers……who would sleep with her?!

Just five men who were the male equivilent of Karen Matthews.

5thElefant
    Free Member

When you compare the sentances to more serious crimes make you wonder whether most sentances are too light.

Looks like you beat me to it.

jon1973
    Free Member

I don’t put the two crimes in the same game, never mind the same ball park.

Baseball analogy aside. Less or more severe in your opinion then? The sentances are less or similar for a crime that has much more of a lasting impact on the girl involved. At least Shannon has a chance to lead a better life without her mother.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Just a thought, but if the mother had done this, to get back at the girl’s dad, or something, and not for money, would the sentence have been so high?

And the truly shocking crimes that 5thelefant has referred to, are they not far more serious/deserving of tougher sentences?

All fecked up, anyway.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I think having your skin burnt off after being gang raped is an order of magnitude greater than having your uncle keeping you doped up in his house for a couple of weeks. Not that I necessarily disagree with the Mathews sentence.

IHN

I’ve just read the rape/caustic soda report. I feel sick.

I’m pretty much a bleedin’ heart liberal, in many cases people are driven to crime through poor luck and poor choices.

However there are still those who are just ****’ evil – I don’t care how deprived your upbringing may have been, to do that is just wicked (in the real sense of the word). This is one of the few times when I say bring back the lash.

jon1973
    Free Member

This is one of the few times when I say bring back the lash.

Hopefully justice will be served out by other inmates in prison.

Bunnyhop

I’m thinking that the few years that Karen spends in prison will be made very uncomfortable for her.

jon1973
    Free Member

I’m thinking that the few years that Karen spends in prison will be made very uncomfortable for her

…the unpalatable truth is though that we (the tax payer) will spend tens of thousands of pounds keeping here safe.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Shannon Matthews’ is closed to new replies.