Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Serious accident in Glasgow City Centre
  • rene59
    Free Member

Bin lorry hits multiple pedestrians, not looking good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30580114

project
    Free Member

daily mirror reporting 6 dead, so sad,driver suspwected of having heart attack sadly.

peterfile
    Free Member

Yeah I saw this. mrs pf is out and about shopping in town and not answering her mobile. It’s probably just at the bottom of her bag, but still, I’d rather she answered 🙁

project
    Free Member

Live updates on sky news,you just dont need this at christmas.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I am sure you are right @peterfile but I can imagine it’s a worry, let us know when she calls.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeah I saw this. mrs pf is out and about shopping in town and not answering her mobile. It’s probably just at the bottom of her bag, but still, I’d rather she answered

I can understand your worries. You don’t have ‘find friends’ on your phones do you?

matt_outandabout

Looks like an awful accident. Let us know when Mrs pf calls.
    🙁

wors

Very sad 🙁

JonBoy
    Free Member

Bugger

cr500dom
    Free Member

Fingers Crossed PF, if she has an iphone and you know her apple ID you can “Find my iphone” from another device

EDIT, Just awful for all involved 😥

bruneep

Pretry sick questions from sky news reporter pushing for a description of scene of those knocked down.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

That’s pretty horrific- reports just now are saying that the 1st incident was at the GoMA and was out of control all the way up to the hotel. The square and the exit to the station are always busy. Horrible feeling in my stomach.

woody2000

Awful 😥

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Pretry sick questions from sky news reporter pushing for a description of scene of those knocked down.

Seems to be the norm for Sky News at things like this 🙁

bencooper
    Free Member

Horrible 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Heard rumours of 2 dead and possible cause being the driver falling ill.

Awful thing to happen at any time. 🙁

Gary_M
    Free Member

Terrible terrible accident. My thoughts are with those involved.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Seriously sad thing to happen. I’m sat at work unable to leave until I know MrsPF is OK.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

BBC now saying ‘several’ dead.

🙁
    Dear god no.

househusband

An awful incident; my thoughts and condolences to those affected.

(I’m also waiting for news from PF – fingers crossed.)

robdob
    Free Member

Just read the BBC report – 6 dead. Awful awful awful.
    Hope people worrying about loved ones get good news but my heart goes out to the families affected. Christmas will never be the same for them.

A company I deal with had the owner driver of the HGV lorry they have banned for 29 years for repeated defects in his truck (no accident had occurred). Sounds like illness in this case but now I know why the penalties can be so severe for HGV’s as the consequences when something goes wrong are multiplied so much.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Terrible news, really busy junction with people crossing the road coming out of the train station – particularly at this time of year to go on the ferris wheel and ice skating etc. 🙁

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

So much bad news at them moment!

peterfile
    Free Member

Just heard from mrs pf, she had no battery on her phone. Feel guilty at being so relieved, considering others were not so fortunate.

scotroutes

**** A. Glad she’s OK. Give her a big hug from me.

bearnecessities

I don’t. Was doing my head in watching each bump of this thread waiting for you to post that response.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Excellent news.
    Not diminishing the suffering of others though. The way I’ve felt makes me even more aware of how the less fortunate must be feeling.

Jamie
    Free Member

Odd line of thinking, but did the driver survive? I can’t imagine the guilt he will feel if he pulled through.

edlong
    Free Member

What bear said. Tfft.

scotroutes

He has. Would you fancy being him if/when he comes around?

maccruiskeen

glad to hear it PF. I think a lot of people will be in the same situation. I was working just round the corner today and completely unaware anything had happened. (did notice the convoy of police vehicles as I left town though – like a freight train with flashing lights)

When events like this happen you get loads of calls being made so the mobile network falls over – I wasn’t aware of the crash but had noticed my phone wasn’t able to connect properly despite a good signal, so if anyone was trying to check up on me they wouldn’t have been able to get me.

househusband

Glad to hear, pf.

I can’t imagine what the driver will have to deal with…

CountZero

peterfile – Member
    Just heard from mrs pf, she had no battery on her phone. Feel guilty at being so relieved, considering others were not so fortunate.

No need to feel guilty, it’s entirely natural; in your place I think I’d have been sobbing with relief when I finally got the OK.
    It’s a terrible, terrible thing to happen at any time, but it just seems so much worse at this time of year, I guess because this is when most families get together in one place. 😐

Jamie
    Free Member

He has. Would you fancy being him if/when he comes around?

**** no.

project
    Free Member

and in france now a Peugot van has just driven into a christmas market 11 seriously hurt, 2nd one this week.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

That’s really, really rubbish. Condolences to the people and families concerned.
    I’ll be thinking a lot tonight of the witnesses, dealing with their experience over the coming days.

1981miked
    Free Member

Heard this earlier on today and only just managed to get the full story. What a dreadful thing to happen at any time.. But at this time of year it is unthinkable. I have family and friends living in Glasgow but all ok thankfully. I also passed a bad looking accident on the M6 today.. Looked like a fatality judging by the screens arriving on scene! My thoughts go out to all concerned. Can’t imagine what they are going through.

Stay safe everybody.

mamadirt
    Free Member

So glad Mrs PF is OK – I too have been checking the thread. So much sad sad news though . . . emotional rollercoaster 🙁 my thoughts are with all those affected.

Take care out there . ..

Northwind

It’s bloody awful, there’s something about the sheer mundanity of it, one second you’re stressed out about your christmas shopping and that’s the last thing that goes through your mind… So sad.

jimmy

MsJimmy’s family were meeting in Glasgow today. She called her brother – no answer. Eventually called back to say the truck went by 10meters from them so they saw most of it happen and then did what they could to help out. Brutal for the families inv involved and that poor driver… Wouldn’t fancy his emotional roller-coaster to come.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Serious accident in Glasgow City Centre’ is closed to new replies.