Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sensible Northern Irish Legislation
  • chevychase

Was amused to read this article.

I, for one, am fully in support of our brethren at our Northern Irish legislative bodies!

In other news, I was in Meribel today and at lift station Pas Du Lac a couple of e-mtb’ers with dogs tied to their backs in backpack fashion trundled up the fire road.

With **** dogs. Tied. To. Their. Backs.

One guy had a small dog in a rucksack but the other guy had a larger dog literally tied with two wide straps around his midriff.

Now – fair disclosure – I’ve no love for the sort of retarded frippery that occurs when you grant altitude-access to people who haven’t learned basic etiquette via the mechanism of years of honest slog. But I can live with most of it because life is too damn short.

Hot, sunny, high-risk, high-altitude animal cruelty because they allow thoughtless **** to purchase and use motorbikes without a licence boils my piss though. You are dog owners ffs! Lashing them to your back in and of itself is cruel. Taking them on a motor-assisted jolly up steep, rocky, apt-to-make-you-fall-on-your-back terrain should land you in prison.

I hate ebikes. Call me a hater, but just because I’m a hater doesn’t mean they’re not worthy of hatred. The reason I hate them is that they enable idiocy. And I submit the evidence of today – and only today – as further proof that our Irish friends have it right.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m not reading all that, can you summarise?.

chevychase

Sell your ebike.

Buy some beer for your fridge.

jonnyboi

The short version is that Northern Ireland is behind the rest of the UK in repealing obsolete legislation which inadvertently impacts e-bikes. The collapse of stormont means that whilst there are plans to fix this…. don’t hold your breath

alpin
    Free Member

mate went to a bike festival in Slovenia the other month. there was an uplift service and people with e-bikes were in the queue…. 😕

the other week in La Thuile there were a few people with ebikes taking the chairlift up, although they had ther foresight to remove the batteries first.

aracer
    Free Member

Last paragraph, first sentence contains all relevant information.

oldnpastit

It will all be sorted out after Brexit, when Northern Ireland becomes part of the republic.

chevychase

Nobody gives a monkeys that no rider would have lashed a large dog to his back and ridden a couple of thousand feet up without motor assistance?

Not animal lovers around here I guess.

Nor astrophysicists (or holders of basic English comprehension) – as the thrust of the argument – enabling idiocy – is very clear.

Hey ho @aracer – you must be right. It’s what you said, not idiocy and animal cruelty 🙂

funkmasterp

I don’t get how ebikes are to blame? I now have no option but to borrow my neighbours dog, strap it to my back and see if I can get up to Macc Forest on my normal, not evil bike. If I can, what does that mean? Also, it will be your fault that I’m committing animal cruelty as your thread put the thought in my head!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nobody gives a monkeys that no rider would have lashed a large dog to his back and ridden a couple of thousand feet up without motor assistance?

Some quality whataboutery to back up your obviously pre existing hatred of ebikes.

That’s a better summation I’d say….

munrobiker
    Free Member

they enable idiocy.

Well, they clearly enable angry idiots to post idiocy on the internet. Other than that they’re just a bike.

ianbradbury

Don’t know enabling idiocy, and I accept they are great for those who need them and know how to ride, but I did get forced off a path by the Bodensee by an old dear on one. So I do suspect they enable some less good riding.

ianbradbury

Mind you, given how happily they allowed MOT test validity to overrun a few years ago when there were problems getting tests done, I’m surprised they can’t just tell the police to ignore the issue.

Andy-R

The police will probably ignore the issue, which is fine until someone is run into by an e-bike and it all goes to court….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sensible Northern Irish Legislation’ is closed to new replies.