Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Selling hydraulic STI brake sets, how best to spilt?
  • tthew

I’ve got a pair of non-series (i.e. not 105 or Ultegra) road hydraulic brakes and brifters to sell. If they end up on eBay, how best to get the most money for them? All options from sell as a complete kit, (minus the flat mount adapters which I’m keeping) selling front/rear separately or even sell each lever and caliper as an individual item.

And yeah, it’s also a stealth ad – get over it! 🤣

joemmo
    Free Member

As a buyer, what would you prefer? A complete set or some parts that you then have to find additional bits and pieces for at unknown expense?

tthew

As a buyer, what would you prefer? A complete set or some parts that you then have to find additional bits and pieces for at unknown expense?

I might put up with buying a couple of adapters if I could get an unused bargain, the full sets list at £500! 😲 I was thinking though that each individual brifter might sell quicker and for a decent price to someone looking to replace a broken one as they are £170 on their own, I think that’s the more likely scenario, but thought there may be someone who had some experience they might share.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

if they have flat mount calipers – as a set

if they have post mount calipers – split

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the full sets list at £500! 😲

Bear in mind that

A) no one pays RRP for shimano bits

B) shimano have dropped the non series stuff and absorbed it into tiara/105/integra etc, roadies are tarts so old stuff is generally a bargain.

Having said that cross season isnt quite over and people are just building winter bikes so not a bad time to sell.

Id sell them together, they rarely sell for more individually, otherwise someone with a broken one would sell it for more that half and just buy a new pair.

earl_brutus

10 speed?

mick_r

Just bought brand new 11spd for £100 an end (post mount, finned pads, no rotors). You really need to factor what online offers are on at the moment (although some people do seem to get ebay bid fever).

tthew

Thanks Mick, that’s useful price info.

They are 11 speed flat mount, and that’s a good point about splitting them TINAS.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’d sell them as a set.  People seem to be lazy so if they can click and buy ‘the lot’ then it’s easier that sourcing piecemeal and might pay more.

tomaso
    Free Member

Hey Mick, where did you get them a ton each end from? Ta

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Selling hydraulic STI brake sets, how best to spilt?’ is closed to new replies.