Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Selkirk MTB Marathon/British Champs any STW ers doing it
  • postierich
    Free Member

Looking forward to the weekend but will be taking it very easy on the trail but ready for a beer in the club!
    Any locals have any info on kayacking on St Marys Lock on Sunday, taking an inflatable with us but not sure of the best lauch sites can you launch from Tibbie Sheils inn

glupton1976
    Free Member

If you want somewhere much more spectacular to kayak and can handle a 30-40 minute walk up a hill go and paddle in Loch Skene.

br
    Free Member

They often kayak at Yair Bridge (about 5 mile from Selkirk), there are the riverside poles in place for hanging the wires, although the river is low now.

franksinatra

Bit warm today! Brutal and brilliant in equal measure. Well done everybody who took part.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Bit warm today! Brutal and brilliant in equal measure. Well done everybody who took part.

Indeed, I nearly blew up in the first 30 minutes, sweat was pishing off me.

br
    Free Member

Brill day out, and a cracking route.

franksinatra

I too was sweating like a pervert. Fortunately I was soon so dehydrated that sweating was no longer possible.

pixelmix
    Free Member

In hindsight, my black top probably wasn’t the ideal top for today. 😳

Great day out though – really enjoyed it, and I’d happily take that over dreich. Last year wasn’t bad, but the trails were running so sweetly today. I’ll just wear a better top next time.

jonba
    Free Member

Loved it as always. Who won and in what time? I felt good but was slower than previous years (4h57m) was the 75km (long) course longer?

I think the organiser posted on here so if you are reading thanks. Your little improvements to the course like Caddon bank (which used to be in there) was great. The off piste stuff from Minch moor would have been “sporting” in the wet it was pretty bad in the blazing sunshine. Made me smile though as a slid down it.

Feed stations and signing seemed better than in previous years as well. Although the National Champ guys might disagree?

pixelmix
    Free Member

Top 5 was (I think):

Neal Crampton
    Rob Friel
    Oli Beckinsale
    Gareth Montgomerie
    Dave Henderson

Not sure of the time. Around 3h30 I’d guess.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve got the course as about 6k longer than last year due to Caddon Bank (and start loop). Agreed it was a great course, great event and well organised. Top marks to Durty. I see that BC are looking for applications for next year. I hope Durty apply again for the champs.

daveb
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it although struggled in that heat and my right hamstring was playing up. I managed the full course but was very tempted when going by the 50k turn off, glad I didn’t as an excellent course and it felt good to finish the full thing.

I thought Durty did a really good job organising it.

postierich
    Free Member

Brilliant event really enjoyed the route,views cake and a cold beer @ the end,was one of the last in the bar were they had a cracking band on but hardly anyone there which was a shame.
    Camping was great once we had found the other site.
    Well done Durty Events I will be looking at doing some more of your events 🙂
    Enjoyed the paddle on St Marys Lock

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Enjoyed the paddle on St Marys Lock

GGGGRRRrrrrr ‘loch’ ya sassinak! lol 😆

postierich
    Free Member

Whoops I should know better!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Selkirk MTB Marathon/British Champs any STW ers doing it’ is closed to new replies.