Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Self Assessment Conundrum – Expenses
  • jimmers
    Free Member

I am a PAYE employee. I have received a P11D that has the expenses shown. Showing the usual office costs (used for work purposes) and mileage on a personal car visiting clients.

On the HMRC website it has the following text for the Employment / Expenses section

“Have you incurred any expenses which have not been reimbursed while working for 10ACT Limited ? Expenses incurred that have not been reimbursed?” [YES/NO] dropdown

I have been fully reimbursed with these expenses therefore presumably I just click NO.

Though for the previous years tax return you had to fill in the whole expenses section irrespective of being reimbursed or not (IIRC)?

So does this mean as long a company reimburses an employee fully for all expenses it does not matter how much is stated on a P11D (in terms of filling in self assessment form) for things such a Subsistence and Travelling expenses?

Or have I got this all wrong?

Ta,

James

crispybacon
    Free Member

“Have you incurred any expenses which have not been reimbursed while working for 10ACT Limited ? Expenses incurred that have not been reimbursed?” [YES/NO] dropdown

I have been fully reimbursed with these expenses therefore presumably I just click NO.

From the information you have supplied the answer to the question is ‘NO’. This question is on the Tax return for those people who incur work related expenses but they aren’t reimbursed by the employer.

You will however have to include on the Tax return the details of the expenses paid to you by your employer (you can find this on the form P11D) & then claim an equivalent figure as an allowable work related expense.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Self Assessment Conundrum – Expenses’ is closed to new replies.