Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Seiko UK, anyone used them?
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I have a well worn Seiko Titanium watch that needs a repair to the mechanism. (Second hand not working) and it could do with a good buff up too.

Anyone used Seiko Uk to service their watch? If so is it costly? Or better to take somewhere else?

Ta.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Forgot to add it’s a standard battery movement. Not the Kinetic movement.

seadog101

Will follow this.

My Dad has a pretty battered J5 sports, no great value other than a much loved watch that he has had for over 40 years.  I’d love to somehow sneak it away for a secret clean, service, new glass and buff up, but it’s never off his wrist!

superleggero
    Free Member

I’ve used the Seiko UK service centre in Maidenhead. It was for one of their solar watches which had stopped working and was still under warranty. They were good – I dropped off the watch and they sent it back in the post within a week and no problems to date (over a year). You can of course send the watch to them.

Here is their price list with details of service and repairs they offer: http://misc.seiko.co.uk/PublicPriceList-Seiko-201803.pdf

Might be worth contacting them and comparing what they quote with a quote from a local watch repairer. Contact details of Service Dept. – tel: 01628 770988 / email: service@seiko.co.uk

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Brilliant. Cheers Superleggero

cornholio98
    Free Member

Used them before. Go online through the drop downs and state the problem. There is a minimum cost depending on type of watch and age (might be £100) but they fix it replace batteries etc and post back.

Works well enough. Drop them an email and they will get back to you

hamishthecat
    Free Member

They were twice as much as the Debenhams watch guy for a service of my Alpinist (£150 vs £75).

CountZero

Hmmm, this could be useful, I’ve got an old Seiko digital watch, one of the very first liquid crystal displays, which no longer functions. It would be nice to get it working again, I’ve had it a long time, although my step-dad wore it for ages. I’ll check out their website, see what they can do.

redthunder
    Free Member

Fixed my Seiko Kinetic (Pepsi Diver)  with no problems. £150

Homepage

Saccades
    Free Member

Seadog – they will have ran out of parts and not be able to do anything.

Richard Askham is excellent at old Seikos and very reasonable price wise. Did my 44 year old bellmatic, service, new crystal and gentle refurb of the case. Has multiple old donor watches for parts etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Seiko UK, anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.