Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • securing a bike in a building you cant drill?
  • ton

how would you secure a bike, or three in a building that you dont want to drill?

so wall and floor mounts are out of the question.

fettlin

Big f off builders bucket, long loop of strong chain.

Fill the bucket with ready mix concrete then drop the chain in while it’s still wet.

Once in sets = almost as good as a ground anchor.

Just put it in the right place BEFORE you fill with concrete, as it will (should be!) Impossible to move.

tazzymtb

Done it in a similar situation with a 50 gallon drum filled with concrete, mount a ground anchor through the side and then fill the bugger and leave to set. It’s not going anywhere. (Does take up a bit of space though)

ton

perfect, cheers fellas

trademark
    Free Member

I once sank an old D-lock into a large bucket of concrete and that worked fine.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Armed guard? UCAV?

dufresneorama
    Free Member

As above, big plastic container, ready mix concrete and a tunnel type ground anchor.

redmex
    Free Member

You might struggle to get a good price for the readymix, the 6 rather than the 8 m lorry might be best

phaeton
    Free Member

I would have thought there would be a suitable resin that you could bond a anchor to the concrete floor with, removal at a later date might be an issue.

dogbone

Old car tyre. Stuff with chicken wire then fill with concrete (needs to be done in sections). Easy to roll / move except when chained to bike. Rubber tyre means hammer has little effect to try and break it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

How’s about a large steel plate with anchors welded on, placed on the floor?

It could be almost room size depending on the size of the storage area.

wwaswas

I used to lock my bike to the pipes going into the boiler when I stayed at Centre Parks…

sarawak
    Free Member

I have a three section aluminium ladder on the floor with a motorbike chain and lock through it. They won’t be able to wheel my bikes and the ladder. They would have to cut 6 rungs- twice each- to free the bikes, but they can’t get to the rungs because of the bikes.

weeksy

I’ve seen people use a metal bin. Cut a hole in the sides say a 6″ diameter and then use some guttering to pass through. Fill with concrete and then pass the chain through the guttering. Obviously for something that big you’ll need multiple / long chains.

craig24
    Free Member
    thegeneralist
    Free Member

Old car tyre. Stuff with chicken wire then fill with concrete (needs to be done in sections). Easy to roll / move except when chained to bike. Rubber tyre means hammer has little effect to try and break it.

That’s a cool idea. Where did you get it from ? 😉

zbonty

Liking the ingenuity on this thread

mashr

gavinpearce
    Free Member

One of the parents at school leaves their Alsatian tied up to their bike outside school. Seems to be effective….

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

For a a time I just used the heaviest kettlebell in my collection with a chain through it linking 3 bikes together.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Stick 26inch wheels on them?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘securing a bike in a building you cant drill?’ is closed to new replies.