Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SDW Taps Working?
  • squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Wondering if anyone has been out on the SDW recently and has knowledge of which taps are working. I know Temple Valley and Botolphs have been put of action for some time. When I was last at Amberley a few weeks back the tap had been knocked off of the pipe which was spouting water. Has this now been fixed?

susepic

The Botolphs Tap was working in mid-August after having been MIA a couple of weeks prior to that. The Truleigh YHA tap is a reliable one close by and the Cadence at Truleigh also has a tap. So taps not really an issue for that part of the route.

richardthird

The big tap in the sky is working alright so I’d say that scuppers any chance of riding it before the clocks go back.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Thanks. Good to know Botolphs is now working again. Anyone been through Amberley recently?

susepic

@jenky might know about the Amberley tap – he did it last weekend i think

Dan the ranger will likely have an update: sdw@southdowns.gov.uk

jenky
    Free Member

Indeed I did. I filled up at Cadence Upwaltham and then again at the tap on the trough – C1 on this page: http://www.bikedowns.co.uk/Water%20taps.htm Almost missed it after crossing over the River Arun and turning to head up to the sewage plant.
    Didn’t stop at Botolphs as I didn’t even expect it to be operating, and it’s only 2 miles up to Cadence Truleigh where I was heading for lunch. I think the taps I used worked out at about 40 miles, 50 miles and 60 miles so you’re pretty well covered.

jenky
    Free Member

Also the Fodder Wagon (I think it’s called), the mobile coffee wagon in the layby where you cross the A283 does good coffee, so a double shot there helps with Truleigh hill

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Thanks. That’s the one I was wondering about…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SDW Taps Working?’ is closed to new replies.