Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • scuba divers
  • MSP

I am going to do a padi diving course while on holiday this year. The dive training company will be providing equipment. However if possible I would like to buy my own fins to take with me, the reason being that my feet are size 49/50 when buying shoes and trainers etc (I obviously expect jokes about not requiring fins) and even if the dive school have fins large enough I wouldn’t expect them to have much choice if I have comfort issues.

So does anyone know of makers that go huge? or online dive shops that carry a massive range?

simon_g

UK divers tend to use open-heeled fins and boots. Even if you’ve got huge feet you should be fine with a thin pair of reef boots in the largest sizes of the open-heeled fins. Plus they’re way easier to get on and protect your feet if you’re shore diving.

Worth shopping for a mask too, so you know it fits your face properly.

Kryton57

Based on the rumours regarding big feet, does sir need an specially tailored wet suit?

maxtorque

MSP

The rumours about men with big feet are not true….

..we are not all clowns!

nickjb
    Free Member

Agree we the Simon. Get some wetsuit boots then you can use open heel find which are very forgiving on size. The boots will be good for wearing for other water sports too.

Jason
    Free Member

As above openfoot fins are the way to go. I would imagine that any in XXL should be fine. You will need a pair of neoprene boots too. They are also more comfy for diving in.

If you can buy from a local dive shop The CRC equivalent in the diving world is Simply Scuba, but I hesitate to recommend them after a bad experience after buying a set of regs from them.

Are you going anywhere nice?

Matt24k
    Free Member

These are for size 47-53 but you will need boots to go with them.

https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/seacsub-gp-100/70241/p

Matt24k
    Free Member

If you are headed for cooler waters a 7mm boot will work. Something lighter for Tropical seas.

7mm boots

<span style=”font-size: 12.8px;”> Something lighter for Tropical seas. </span>

3mm slipper

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘scuba divers’ is closed to new replies.